Bear sausage recommendations?

slatty

WKR
Hoping to get some advice / favorite recipes for a bear sausage. First time sausage maker, have the grinder, stuffer, casings. I have a surplus of apples right now so thinking of a fresh sausage with apple in it. Any ideas would be appreciated!

I had bear onion sausage before, to be honest i did have doubts just from the name, but it was incredible! Since then ive added yellow onion to venison sausage batches and been very good as well. Basically minced Onion very fine and mixed in with the meat, seasoning, and cure. If i remember correctly it was a cup and a half of onion per 10 lbs of meat.

OP
slatty

slatty

WKR
I had bear onion sausage before, to be honest i did have doubts just from the name, but it was incredible! Since then ive added yellow onion to venison sausage batches and been very good as well. Basically minced Onion very fine and mixed in with the meat, seasoning, and cure. If i remember correctly it was a cup and a half of onion per 10 lbs of meat.
Thanks i've found some bear onion recipes I might try that out.

DEd

FNG
I made Boerewors sausage from some MT Bison and Pork fat earlier this summer. My buddy adapted the recipe to use bear meat for some Boerewors. We both have been going on about how good it is ever since. Boerewors is a South African sausage that is hard to find in the USA. I ate it every chance I got when I was in Namibia a few years ago. It is truly wonderful stuff. I recommend Hank Shaw's recipe, which can be found here.