Beartooth vs Marshall

Jac

Hey all

I own a MR Marshall and a pintler. Just wondering how people are liking there beartooth. I’m looking at getting the new frame and might go with the beartooth. I will be using it for day hunts and weekend hunts also a full 7-8 day trip. Has anyone used the bag on a 7 day backcountry hunt and if so was it tight to fit all the gear? I have the Marshall but at times I find it a bit large

thanks

Bailer

I just made the switch Black Friday. New frame is better for sure. Bag is fine for a few days for sure. Probably will be ok for a week, but I’m not selling the Marshall just in case.

Traindriver

Okay so it’s a year later, what’s your thoughts now?

I have both, bought the Marshall for a 10day annual hunt. I’ve still never used it because everything fits in/on the Beartooth. I want to put it to use… but I never need all the room apparently?

do you guys feel the same?

justinspicher

I prefer the marshall over the beartooth. I like to stuff everything in a pack. I appreciate the idea behind the beartooth, but it’s not my kinda pack. I went from a marshall to a beartooth and now I want to go back……first, I need to offload my BT80 and a ST45.

Desk Jockey

I prefer the marshal design (top loader with exterior pockets) but never filled mine up. The beartooth is good but it is a bit floppy up top IMO. If I used my beartooth more i would be sorely tempted to swap it for a terraplane 80.