Beast Hunting Stand and Sticks

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
So who dropped 1k on this thing? I enjoy buying toys but this is a little hard to swallow lol. I'm surrounded by tons of public land w good bucks on it and I need to b mobile. Not doin a saddle so this has to b the best set goin. I like to get high and don't wanna kill myself so I figure I need 4 sticks. So yea there a 100 a pc and the stand 600, but it may get me my biggest buck ever. Stealth straps? Get em? Thnx guys.

TN2shot07

WKR
I split the difference, I went with the mini beast sticks (4) and the smaller Novix stand. I’m sure the beast stand is awesome but couldn’t swallow that price this year. The beast sticks really bite into the tree and I’ve never felt uneasy with them.

OP
Paridgerunner

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
I split the difference, I went with the mini beast sticks (4) and the smaller Novix stand. I’m sure the beast stand is awesome but couldn’t swallow that price this year. The beast sticks really bite into the tree and I’ve never felt uneasy with them.
I really appreciate your info. 52 and pretty athletic but never used sticks and a little sketched about trying them but that made me feel a little better lol. Never heard of the stand your talkin about but going to Google it. The other thing is doin this in the dark goin up w sticks and hanging a stand seems like a lot, doing it quietly seems impossible. I use to climb w a summit viper climber for a long time. Dan seems to hunt the evenings a lot, I wonder if that's a factor, the noise in dark ect. I also need to b semi comfortable I can't stand for hrs and I already know w my back in a beast stand probably 3hrs max 3 in am 3 in pm.

TN2shot07

WKR
I really appreciate your info. 52 and pretty athletic but never used sticks and a little sketched about trying them but that made me feel a little better lol. Never heard of the stand your talkin about but going to Google it. The other thing is doin this in the dark goin up w sticks and hanging a stand seems like a lot, doing it quietly seems impossible. I use to climb w a summit viper climber for a long time. Dan seems to hunt the evenings a lot, I wonder if that's a factor, the noise in dark ect. I also need to b semi comfortable I can't stand for hrs and I already know w my back in a beast stand probably 3hrs max 3 in am 3 in pm.
Novix makes what was originally the lone wolf stands. They make a larger one that would be more comfortable for long sits. You’d be surprised how quiet you can be once you do it several times. Just go slow and figure out the best process for you. Lots of YouTube videos with ideas! When I shoot my bow in the evening I set it up
in the tree so I get to practice with the stand and shooting at the angles. Also if you do have comfort issues check out the hunt comfort seats, way better than the foam that comes from the factory (for me anyway).

I have the Beast stand and mini sticks. I was looking for a lightweight alternative to my bulky Summit viper. The Beast stand is incredible. For the size, there isn't another that is as lightweight. The sticks don't really integrate that well in my opinion. I think LWCG does a better job of attaching the sticks to the stand for transport. The Beast sticks are by far the best stick I have used. I ordered some 18" cable aiders from Eastern Woods Outdoors and Versa straps from Tethrd. I can get 22' up with the aiders with 4 minis. That's stretching it out though and I will probably cut that back to 18-20 if I don't want to stride that far apart.

I have an old Lone Wolf Alpha stand that weighs about 11lbs, not super heavy but I can tell the difference between the two stands when I'm hanging it on a tree. The Beast stand is just a sweetheart to hang.

I added on old Gen 1 Exo Mountain Gear shoulder harness to the stand and it carries very well.
edcae10f386eaae3a75aa8bb70dd5013.jpg
aad0ca06f5379af8a9a805821b021e43.jpg
e664d3ea0399a05cb924eff1ebf370c8.jpg
97a86f0a0a021b96963acdec77026542.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

OP
Paridgerunner

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
Novix makes what was originally the lone wolf stands. They make a larger one that would be more comfortable for long sits. You’d be surprised how quiet you can be once you do it several times. Just go slow and figure out the best process for you. Lots of YouTube videos with ideas! When I shoot my bow in the evening I set it up
in the tree so I get to practice with the stand and shooting at the angles. Also if you do have comfort issues check out the hunt comfort seats, way better than the foam that comes from the factory (for me anyway
Will do man
I have the Beast stand and mini sticks. I was looking for a lightweight alternative to my bulky Summit viper. The Beast stand is incredible. For the size, there isn't another that is as lightweight. The sticks don't really integrate that well in my opinion. I think LWCG does a better job of attaching the sticks to the stand for transport. The Beast sticks are by far the best stick I have used. I ordered some 18" cable aiders from Eastern Woods Outdoors and Versa straps from Tethrd. I can get 22' up with the aiders with 4 minis. That's stretching it out though and I will probably cut that back to 18-20 if I don't want to stride that far apart.

I have an old Lone Wolf Alpha stand that weighs about 11lbs, not super heavy but I can tell the difference between the two stands when I'm hanging it on a tree. The Beast stand is just a sweetheart to hang.

I added on old Gen 1 Exo Mountain Gear shoulder harness to the stand and it carries very well.
edcae10f386eaae3a75aa8bb70dd5013.jpg
aad0ca06f5379af8a9a805821b021e43.jpg
e664d3ea0399a05cb924eff1ebf370c8.jpg
97a86f0a0a021b96963acdec77026542.jpg

Very nice setup, do u attach stix to stand when going in? And what brand work bench is that? Lol

Will do man

Very nice setup, do u attach stix to stand when going in? And what brand work bench is that? Lol
I will probably attach them somehow, just haven't figured out the best way yet. The threaded rod that came with the stand attaches the sticks horizontally which kinda leaves the ends sticking out on either side of the stand when you're walking in.

The bench is from Sam's club.

And what is the LWCG that u think works better for attaching stix?
I should have been more specific. I like the way that the compact climbing sticks ride on the 1.0. A buddy of mine has one and it's a slick system how the all work with each other. I took a screenshot from the website so you can see what I'm referring to.
fb58a6a8a0e68f3dbc9dd93391d5e257.jpg

TN2shot07

WKR
I should have been more specific. I like the way that the compact climbing sticks ride on the 1.0. A buddy of mine has one and it's a slick system how the all work with each other. I took a screenshot from the website so you can see what I'm referring to.
fb58a6a8a0e68f3dbc9dd93391d5e257.jpg

They definitely pack better than but I can’t imagine those square headed bolts on the lwcg bite into the tree as well as the beast sticks!

Millwood21

Lil-Rokslider
I’m running beast sticks with lone wolf custom gear stand. 100+ cheaper than the beast stand. Also there is a code floating around for 10% off I believe.
Running this setup with 2 sticks and a 3 step movable aider i can get 17-19’ to my platform pretty easy
AC003D46-4D5F-4DC0-A911-FA6B7E0524F5.jpeg

TN2shot07

WKR
I’m running beast sticks with lone wolf custom gear stand. 100+ cheaper than the beast stand. Also there is a code floating around for 10% off I believe.View attachment 315878
Nice set up, 2 questions
How do you like the lone wolf, I was considering stepping up to the 1.0 next season
Does it pack well with the exo? I’m running mine with an Avail and am looking for a little better set up for carrying it in

Millwood21

Lil-Rokslider
I like it. Nicest lock on I’ve owned by far. The lone wolf sticks would pack better but I like the beast sticks better.
I love this setup with the Exo. I used the 4800 bag last year but I picked up the 1800 to try this season. I packed a nice buck out last year with it worked great.

Drenalin

WKR
I don’t have a stand recommendation, but in response to concerns about hanging safely and quietly in the dark, a lineman’s belt will make your life a lot easier.