Beating the blisters

IMG_20200804_215635_488.jpg

Anyone have issues with your feet? Find your geting blisters often? Here is what i found works for me, it may work for you or it may not. There are alot of different ways to keep blisters at bay, sock liners, mole skin and obviously good boots help. But if you find your getting hott spots and blisters, buy a role of black fabric hockey tape, and a good role of mole skin. I have taken the time to find the areas where I blister. And before I even lace my boots up I tape and mole skin my feet.

1. Air your feet out, make sure they are dry change your socks and dry out the old ones, tie them to your pack.
2. Cut a square of mole skin and apply to blistering area. (Make sure there are no creases).
3. Get your hockey tape and wrap 3 strips covering top, middle and bottom of the mole skin. Be sure the 3 trips come around to the front of your foot. Make sure there are no creases if possible) the hockey tape ensures that your mole skin won't fall off.
4. I also use Marino sock liners
5. Repeat on other areas of needed.

Have fun taking the tape off later

This past weekend I put of 37km in 24 hours with 60lbs in the pack to prepare for a goat hunt in 8 days. This Worked great for me and i hope it does for you! Let me know what you use for fixing up your feet thanks!

Thanks for years i suffered from Heal blisters tried every trick in the book about gave up thinking well its just my feet. Turns out I just have hot feet so did as you suggested and changed socks more as it always happened on original long pack in. Also started spraying my feed prior to pack in with antiperspirants

Beendare

WKR
What I've done with stiff boots.........and they all work;

Toughen your heels by rubbing them with a blunt end of something daily- takes about 2 weeks...that toughens them up

Two pair of socks- I like Merino outer and poly liner sock

Don't let your feet get soaking wet from sweat...things that work; taking off your boots every so often....and anti perspirant works

Engo boot liners-

Experiment with different lacing patterns

______

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
One of my worst hunting experiences was forgetting my wool socks. I run thick wool socks to make my skinny feet more normal sized. I had to run my day to day athletic style socks. I had blisters after the first day. Had nothing to put on them, except for the duct tape I always have wrapped around my tripod legs for emergency use. Fast forward to removing the duct tap and about 1/2 of the skin on my heel 4 days later.

I condition most of my body in ways that help with hunting but my feet remain baby soft. For most hunts I wrap them with athletic tape as if I was playing a sport with weak ankles which provides a lot of support and prevents blisters at the same time. It's a lot of work but it makes sidehilling and traversing unsteady terrain like tussocks much easier. It's important to apply the foam pre-wrap stuff first and avoid making continuous or tight wraps with the tape. Youtube and some practice will help with technique.

satchamo

WKR
Man I think most people could benefit from going barefoot outside ALOT more. It thickens up your skin, calluses and overall foot toughness. That said it doesn’t do anything for your heals.

I always just pre tape my heels with leukotape even if I have no heel rub or actual issues. Simple enough to do and can save a hunt.

brsnow

WKR
I wear flip flops quite a bit, then always have compression socks on with light wool socks over. I have never had a blister. Compression socks keep feet warmer and I only need a light sock over even in cold weather. I believe the compression also eliminates blisters, at least this works for me.