Becca Moffat's Rescue on Kodiak Island!

mohawk32

Lil-Rokslider
Wow what a crazy store. Excellent job by all 3 of you to get through it.

7mag.

WKR
Great write up, Becca. I'm glad it turned out well in the end. Thanks for sharing this story, it's sobering to think how one accident can become life threatening. I'm glad you are ok. Good for Luke, keeping his cool in a bad situation.

sk1

WKR
That's crazy....now I know why I carry emergency gear when lots of my friends leave it at camp....I can't even imagine what you went through

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks everyone! It truly was a life changing event, but one I feel made me a better person and outdoorswoman in the long run. We are continually grateful that neither Steve nor I was injured worse, and that the USCG was able to get in there and get me out. We always took along the Sat phone and emergency equipment before, and now we haven't needed any extra convincing that it needs to stay with us on every trip, all the time. Accidents can happen to any of us very quickly, and then you really only have your wits and the equipment on your person to try and remedy a scary situation.

Thank the Lord you are safe, Titanium-Girl! :)

Ha ha, yep! As a friend reminded me, that rod is now added weight I will always have to carry!

Last edited:

Bighorse

WKR
Redemption

Now go back and put the smack down on a big haus billy! That was a very real account of the whole situation. I won't say I enjoyed reading it because your a friend and I'd never wish that on anyone I care about. I'm glad your recovered and straping on your boots again. I'll see you again this fall when I'm putting mine on again.

Reflex

FNG
Wow, amazing story. Thank God that it turned out well. Good luck to you in your quest to return to Kodiak.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks all for your kind words. Really grateful its behind us now, and I am finally feeling like I am in even better shape than before "my big slide". Very much looking forward to the return trip-- can't let that goat get the last word!

Now go back and put the smack down on a big haus billy! That was a very real account of the whole situation. I won't say I enjoyed reading it because your a friend and I'd never wish that on anyone I care about. I'm glad your recovered and straping on your boots again. I'll see you again this fall when I'm putting mine on again.

Thanks Chris! Looking forward to catching up with you guys, an hopefully chasing some critters together...

R

rebecca francis

Becca that was an incredible story. You are amazing woman!