Beceite Ibex

kevlar88

Lil-Rokslider
Howdy all,

This is a long time overdue but just wanted to share a great experience I had this past spring. My buddy called me up and said lets go hunt Ibex, I was hesitant but excited to say the least. It was a little nerve racking being an American traveling abroad (outside of Germany) for a hunt for the first time, especially since my buddy is the one who set the hunt up and I had no idea who the outfitter was. I was reassured that “alles ist gut” (he’s German) and off we went on our long car ride through Luxemburg and France to northern Spain. Fourteen hours later, on arrival all apprehension was washed away with a warm welcome and a cold local Spanish beer. No time was wasted and soon found ourselves hunting in some of the most beautiful country I’ve ever hunted. All of the hunting was spot and stalk, we would crawl around the mountain forestry roads in a ’87 Land Rover Defender and glass animals from good vantage points. It was not the typical western backpack/back country hunt that is done all on foot. If it was decided that there was a good animal in the herd the exciting part began. Out of the three of us that went on this trip we were all successful and with several failed stalks in the mix our guides worked their butts to make sure that happened. This was the first guided hunt that I had ever been on, while I do prefer DIY that’s just not an option for this hunt. I’d highly recommend this hunt for anyone that has dreamed of chasing goats in the mountains. I don’t know if I can share the outfitters info on here but if you have any questions just let me know and I’ll PM you.

2fc9ee61-7b3c-4a17-bcaa-248111d01502.JPGda69d63c-bdde-476c-a52f-85e29a8ad656.JPGIMG_1017.JPGIMG_1020.JPGIMG_1031.JPGIMG_1050.JPGInkedIMG_1013_LI.jpgIMG_0986.JPGIMG_5208.jpgIMG_5209.JPG

Fowler530

WKR
Congrats on an awesome hunt/experience!! Great story, pics and animals!! Might have to tweak my bucket list now! :)Thanks for posting and sharing!

Good stuff! Hunting Ibex in Spain is certainly a highlight of all my experiences, very fun time! Glad you enjoyed it!

Congrats on a great experience. Now you’ll have to back for Gredos, Ronda and Sierra Nevada. Spain is one of my all time favorite hunting destinations - fantastic hunting, breathtaking landscapes, and spectacular food/culture.

OP
kevlar88

kevlar88

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on a great experience. Now you’ll have to back for Gredos, Ronda and Sierra Nevada. Spain is one of my all time favorite hunting destinations - fantastic hunting, breathtaking landscapes, and spectacular food/culture.

The atmosphere, people, culture and food were definitely an unexpected bonus to the trip. The thought for attempting a grand slam crossed my mind but I feel all the hunts would be very similar. That is in no way a bad thing, just a few other hunts I want to make before I circle back around to Spain. Currently I have my sights set for hunting Gams (Chamois) in the Austrian alps next year but we will see.

Congrats!! Im jealous to say the least.. I never made it to spain but lived and hunted in Germany for a few years.. sure do miss it!
Waidmansheil!!

Kevlar, I also wanted to hunt Chamois in the Alps, I went to Slovenia and it was very affordable, lots of game and was able to take a few other species while there. I flew from Germany, but others in the group just drove down. That was also a very good time with awesome people in a very beautiful country. Hope you are able to make it happen!