Bed mattresses at home

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Okay, sleep number with adjustable head and leg rest. And turn the damn TV off.

def90

WKR
Why not get one of those adjustable mattresses where you can have your side how you want it and your wife can have her side the way she likes it as well?

I've been on two different Saatva beds and they are great. Inlaws had one and we got one after that. Great sleep

ChrisS

WKR
I've got a Saatva and it's not really a bed in a box, but it is an online retailer. Great bed. I love it. I like a firm bed and this thing is perfect for me.

I just got a Nectar for the guest room and that is pretty damn comfortable too.

TheGDog

WKR
One of my must haves in a mattress? Make sure the mattress is clearly able to be flipped over and used on the other side as well. I don't care how well they think they've engineered it... you need to be able to both rotate a mattress AND flip-it... in order to prevent all that sacking-down-in of the spot your body lies upon in the bed. Especially true of those of us in the 220+Lbs category.

I mention this because a lot of popular brands nowadays try to sell models they claim don't need to be flipped. Don't believe it. Just don't believe it. Heck even memory foam beds need to be flipped occasionally.

gholson1

FNG
My wife and I have had a leesa for 5 years now. Started out real nice soft on top but plenty firm. Just didn't hold up well we each have our sunk in spot place in it now

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
Just split with my wife so bought a Dreamcloud for my new place. I have a bad lower back and would have to SLOWLY stand up every morning to ease through the pain. Now I pop right out of bed with ZERO pain. And I while I generally sleep really well, this new mattress is very comfortable and I sleep very well.

And the whole idea of buying a bed in a box that I've never tried was a little unnerving, the 365 day trial made it pretty reassuring. Have a full year to change my mind and get my money back if need be (although at this rate I don't see any chance of that happening).

Jmort1754

WKR
Ok, I have read the entire thread. The questions I have, recently had reconstructed back surgery I have not been able to get comfortable on my girlfriends bed, it is quite soft. We are looking at a dreamcloud premier or nectar? Anyone have any input? Either one with the adjustable base. Obviously we want to have a bit of adult time as well.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
We bought this mattress about a year ago and we are happy with it.

We wanted an inner spring mattress like the 27 year old one it was replacing. :rolleyes:

Buying from Costco is always an easy decision since their return policy is excellent.

Also, it was on sale for about a grand. When they unpacked it, it had a couple black smudges on it from shipping.

Costco gave us a $200 for the "defective item" and we were happy campers as the final cost was ~$850 for a quality mattress that should last years and years.

Eddie

Attachments

• costco_mattress.PNG
    costco_mattress.PNG
    316.3 KB · Views: 13