Bedding question - McLube 1700L cleanup

KnuckleChild

Lil-Rokslider
First time bedding a rifle.
Tikka T3x 7mm08, factory polymer stock, installed Lumley pillars and oversized recoil lug and bedded the tang and lug with Probed. Satisfied with the results.
I used McLube 1700L aerosol release agent (from LRI) on the action/barrel, bottom metal etc. Probably went too heavy on the release agent but was erring on the side of caution. I’ve been trying to get the stuff off of the stock and barreled action without much luck. Acetone, mineral spirits, isopropyl, hot water/soap.

I’m going to be repainting the stock again as I’ve scratched the last job up pretty good and the new widened fore grip needs some paint for grip. My main concern here is getting the obvious layer of it off the action/barrel, and making sure paint sticks to the stock.

Looking more at this release agent it looks like a thin coating of PTFE and it doesn’t seem that the usual solvents will do much to it. Before I go too far down a chemistry rabbit hole to try dissolving it, anybody use this stuff before and have advice for cleanup?

TL;DR if you’ve used McLube 1700L for a release agent before, how did you clean it off after bedding?

LRI_Chad

FNG
Here at the shop:

Wash your stuff with low-odor mineral spirits. Finish with hot water and Dawn soap.