Bee Stinger Microhex Counter Slide with Dovetail Mount

Medusa7MM

WKR
I’ve ran front stabilizer and rear stabilizer on my set up for last two years. I do like this set up, but the rear bar can be a royal pain in several situations. I have been thinking about trying the Bee Stinger Microhex Counter Slide Dovetail stabilizer. I like the idea of not having the awkward rear bar hanging out the back of my bow. For those of you that have used this Bee Stinger would like to hear your opinions on it. Did anyone have issues with keeping the quick disconnect knob attached tightly to the dovetail?

thbrock07

FNG
Haven't had any issues with mine. Everything stays tight, no noise or vibration. Really like it. Definitely get the longest 15" version to make the most out of it. Some extra weights are helpful, too.

I just installed one on my bow last night! I only had a 10" Microhex out front before so I can't compare it to a full V-bar kit, but so far I really like the Counterslide. I appreciate the lower weight, it seemed like a lot of the V-bar brackets were pretty heavy. The Counterslide helps a lot with the balance, when I draw back I'm not fighting to get my sight bubble leveled anymore. I've only shot with bow about 25 times in the backyard since putting it on, but it had me shooting my best groups yet (I'm pretty new to archery still).

No issues with it moving at all, but I will probably use a bit of blue loctite once I'm sure I'm happy with where it's positioned.

xcutter

WKR
It is a nice stabilizer. I have the 12 but wish I would of got the 15. Stays tight and never had it come loose. Only complaint is the lock set screw didn't stay on the stabilizer bushing in the bow and chipped the paint on my RX3 Ultra.

I have the 15" stepped up from a 12" front and an 8" back. After shooting it for a while, i would definitley agree with people above, get some extra weights for it.

In the long run i didn't love how it felt as one single bar so i'm running it as a 15" front bar now, the hardware is solid though, no problems there

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
I’m using the 15 inch version I ended up pulling it more forward with my inline 5 and I think I’m going to throw another ounce on the front but balances nicely and significantly less weight than my 2 bar set up. I will probably switch out the qd knob during elk season and run a Allen head with loctite just to be cautious.

Dave0317

Lil-Rokslider
Baxter Bowman’s site has a good review of the counter slide.

Tim Gillingham also mentioned that he has one on his hunting bow in a podcast. He also says, anything other than a very long and heavy front and V bar combo set up is basically a compromise. Which is perfectly acceptable for hunting. If you want to offset the quiver, sight, etc., I think the counter slide is a great option and will be my next purchase. If you don’t have level/torque issues, or if you remove your quiver to shoot, you may get away with a front bar only.

I’d love to see some more reviews of the counter slide or similar systems. Stokerized has a similar bar, but it’s even more expensive.

JjamesIII

WKR
I noticed vibration/resonance at the shot with the stabilizer. I checked the bow many times trying to isolate the source. Checking every possible source of the buzz, it ended up being the b stinger. Everything is torqued tight on the thing, I may get rid of it.

Augie

Lil-Rokslider
Personally don't care for mine but also don't feel like spending the money on a new stabilizer at the moment. My issue is that with the location it mounts onto my bow the disconnect knob interferes with by grip. I can shoot fine with it but have to modify my grip position to accommodate for it. Doesn't make sense thy made the knob so big. I'm considering getting a bolt that matches, cutting it down and welding a nut onto it and use that as my knob instead.