Beer question, where to find get a certain one

Colorado guys/gals, got a question. Is Rainier Beer readily available in most areas in Colorado? I know it's a cheap beer, but my Dad said it was the "best beer he's ever had." Of course, it was what he was drinking on the boat in Kodiak after hiking through bear infested alders all day, soaked to the bone, half frozen and legs shot after climbing over 2,000 feet that day. I want to see if we can pick up some in Colorado and have it back at elk camp and take some home with us. Is it available in gas stations/grocery stores in Colorado? Thanks.

Please don't bash the beer choice. It's more of a nostalgia thing than it is about quality beer.

2ski

WKR
You got me all excited when I saw beer question. I can talk for days about beer.

I would assume you can find it in CO. You can get it in MT.

OP
T
WOW, not setting the bar very high are you. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Nope, not at all. I am a mediocre type guy.

Like, I said, it's not about the quality, it's more of the nostalgia. My Dad has talked about how great that beer was since the day we left Kodiak and how he wanted to have some while sitting around at camp at night when we elk hunt. The man has done so much for me in life, I figure the least I can do is make sure he has the cheap beer he wants at camp.

I can't say I've seen it, but if you're coming through the Denver area there are several beer stores that stock everything. Where are you folks going to be and when?

socoalt

WKR
Believe it or not in my neck of the woods it is pretty tough to get. a couple stores will order it for you and if they happen to get a shipment in it goes just as fast as they can stock it.

OP
T
I can't say I've seen it, but if you're coming through the Denver area there are several beer stores that stock everything. Where are you folks going to be and when?
We will be hunting in the White River City area in October. Coming through Denver, Glenwood Springs and several other larger towns. I figure we will hit up a store in Denver area and find what we need. It's not the end of the world if we can't find any. Just thought it may be nice to come back to camp at night, reach in the cooler and toss my Dad the "best beer he has ever had in his life!!"

Laramie

WKR
Laramie has it. Saw it in a gas station in Central Nebraska a few weeks ago. I have a buddy that likes it so notice where I see it. In your shoes, I would contact a store or two to find some and make sure so you aren't driving all over to find it.

Jbehredt

WKR
Applejack in Wheat Ridge is on the west side of Denver, just off i70. If anybody has it in stock they will. Maybe give them a call and ask. Their website shows they carry it.

While in MT years ago chasing elk we has some Reindeers. I have had worse beer in my time but I would buy a rack of it for the same reason you are. Good luck in your hunt for the beer!

SonnyDay

WKR
My buddies and I used to tour the Rainier brewery... where you ended up in the taproom and could have three free beers. We would cycle through as many times as we could, each time changing clothes, putting on or taking off hats, and one guy would shave his beard off in between trips. By the third time through they were on to us... but of course, by then, we didn't care!

Big box beverage stores should have it. Hazel's, Total Beverage, etc.

Hope it works out! Cool treat for your dad.

def90

WKR
If you like Hamms, Natty Ice, Busch or Millwaukees Best you will probbaly like Rainier. Yes you can get it in Colorado, at least I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it.

Tipsy's in southwest Littleton or Lukas Liquors in park meadows would also be good places to check.

Sniff

Lil-Rokslider
It’s around. I’m in Idaho Spring and we have it at the local liqour store by Safeway. I’ll grab them every so often. They only come in a case but at that abv. a whole case may be needed.