Before I buy Razors...

ChrisAU

WKR
Any better 12x50 out there that isn't a dual bridge design (IPD issues with dual bridge designs when using a tripod adapter) and weighs less than 2 lbs in that price range?

TSimons9

FNG
GPO 12.5x50 Passion HD. I switched to them after 2 years with the Razors. Better edge clarity and considerable brighter.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Thanks, I'm already cringing at the weight difference between 22-24 oz 10x42's and the 28.7 oz Vortex Razors, definitely don't want something over 32 oz. But now I'm thinking about selling my 8x32 BX-4's and just getting a pair of Swaro SLC's in 10x42 for my do all end all be all bino.

JGRaider

WKR
Thanks, I'm already cringing at the weight difference between 22-24 oz 10x42's and the 28.7 oz Vortex Razors, definitely don't want something over 32 oz. But now I'm thinking about selling my 8x32 BX-4's and just getting a pair of Swaro SLC's in 10x42 for my do all end all be all bino.

That wouldn't be a bad idea Chris AU. I use a Swaro 10x50SV almost exclusively, and for a couple months a year I use them for hours per day on a Bog universal bino mount and manfrotto tripod. Even 10x binos are way better on a tripod than handheld for long periods of time.

Yeah, if you really want to stay lightweight, the quality of a 10x will be better than something in the 12x until you're okay with something in mid-30's ounce range.

Too bad the Meopta Meostar B1 12x50 wasn’t 39oz because it’s much better than the Razor and priced very well for what you get...

Why are you concerned with the weight so much? Good optics = less walking
I would find other places to save weight

If it's an all around bino that'll be chest mounted and handheld then I think the Razor 12x50s are a good maximum at 28ish ounces. I'm not a fan of a full 2 pound bino around my neck, it just doesn't feel right. Agree with the overall concept, though, as far as not skimping on optics due to weight. I'll take a 65mm over a 50mm spotter on most hunts and that has saved plenty of walking.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I’d take a pair of 10x SLCs over 12x razors any day. If you keep an eye out, you can get them within a few hundred of the razors.

Just do it. Love my slc no comparison to the razors. The only thing vortex is good at is marketing

Hogyotedeer

Banned
Buying a vortex is probably the right choice, I would also look to compare with a NF but i have 4 vortex scope for a very good reason.

tdhanses

WKR
If it's an all around bino that'll be chest mounted and handheld then I think the Razor 12x50s are a good maximum at 28ish ounces. I'm not a fan of a full 2 pound bino around my neck, it just doesn't feel right. Agree with the overall concept, though, as far as not skimping on optics due to weight. I'll take a 65mm over a 50mm spotter on most hunts and that has saved plenty of walking.

I should weigh my AGC case when I have it fully loaded, probably close to 4lbs when my binos and crap are in it.

I should weigh my AGC case when I have it fully loaded, probably close to 4lbs when my binos and crap are in it.

With my harness, rangefinder, calls, windicator, lip balm, etc. I would venture a guess I'm right around 3 pounds. That seems to work for me pretty well, but I know a lot of guys will go heavier. I stash a lot of stuff in my hip belt pockets of my backpack instead of on my chest.

kzkammo

FNG
Definitely go Maven over the Razors. I bought the Razor 12x50 and was not impressed, there was no real noticeable difference with my Diamondbacks except for a little less mirage. The Maven B.2 11x45 are a step above and I wont buy anything else.