Belt fit...is there a "right" answer?

Vandy321

WKR
I'm a 32" waist, everyday of the week. 3rd pack now I've gotten a waist belt according to the size chart (med) that nearly runs out of webbing when tightening.

At what point will you guys step down in belt size? I've got ~<1" of webbing on either side of the buckle when its cranked down...belt nearly wraps around my waist completely. It doesn't bother me for fit, but does make me wonder if I'm doing it right or if it would be better to go 1 size smaller for a more correct fit. Alot of the pics i see, the belt will cover the hips, but the padding won't necessarily almost come completely around the waist.

Is there a right answer for how belts were designed to fit? Should I drop down a size or does it really not effect comfort?

bsnedeker

WKR
I prefer my belts wrapping all the way around. According to kifaru I should be using a small belt but I find the medium to be more comfortable. It's pretty much bottomed out but it stays on place and doesn't slide down when I'm carrying heavy so it's what I like.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

More hip wrap has always been better for me than “less” hip wrap. I like my belts almost bottomed out when cranked down tight. Less wrap causes more pinching to my outer hips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC307

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for some solid advice on the issue. I wear 34 jeans. Just got a 357 for Christmas. Medium belt. The front of the pad stops at the front of my hip bone with normal October hunting attire. Little past hip bone with September attire. About 12 inches between power pulls on a light load comfortable tension. Below zero attire (last 2 years hunted in -20+). I doubt I will go super heavy 60+ with this pack. Thoughts on jumping up to a large belt? Anyone know how many inches are added between medium and large duplex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk