Belt Pockets???

bbrown

WKR
Can anyone recommend some hip belt pockets that attach using any of the Molle or Pals webbing? I have a MR Dragon Slayer that I am struggling to find a couple pockets or pouches that are not too big or heavy. I looked at MR, 5.11 tactical and a bunch of others. So far the best option I have found is the Kifaru Stash-it from their military line buts its kinda heavy and I feel like there has to be something else out there. There are a couple off brands that I have found that are close but there is always something that turns me off
Ideally I am looking for a couple simple pouches around 4-5" by 6" wide and 1.5 to 2" deep without a bunch of loops. webbing or interior pockets for a camera and other small BS that is nice to have close to reach. Preferably in coyote brown....

The Kifaru Hunting Belt pouches are the best. They use 3-bar sliders that you can just loop through the pals webbing on your belt. The come in small, medium , large and in all colors Kifaru offers. They are great.

OP
bbrown

bbrown

WKR
I think the spacing of the 3 bar sliders on all the hunting belt pockets is wider than the webbing on the MR DS so the pocket would be bunched or droop. I will do some more digging into those. Anyone with the small pouch care to measure the space between the 3 bar sliders for me?

OP
bbrown

bbrown

WKR
So I have 3 rows of the pals webbing so the widest spacing is 4" so I believe that rules out the K hunting belt pouches - hope I'm wrong...
i think I have to find some molle or malice clip style attachment which is why I was looking at the Stash-it pouches but they are 9oz ea so it would suck to add over a pound to my pack just for a couple belt pouches.
The MR flip top pouches would work but i dont lik the design- the shape and buckle top is weird. Why they don't make a simple zip top pouche like the K hunting belt pouches with a molle or malice attachment is beyond me.
Any other thoughts?

OP
bbrown

bbrown

WKR
Badknees - I will check those out.

flyinbrass - I called and they are supposed to be working on some but no idea when they will be available.

OP
bbrown

bbrown

WKR
Thanks Hammer - that sucks but oh well.
Its looking like the Stash-it is the best option so far but I may be able to tinker with the MLD pouches and make them work. I am going to check with Paul at FHF and see if he makes anything that would work.
Any other ideas???

crazy_davey

Lil-Rokslider
I see that Kuiu makes some belt pouches but they slip over the belt so I worry about losing them.

A while back I bought a set for my T1 and was worried about the same thing, there are small loops at either end of the pouch as you can see in the first pic. I just tied a small piece of cord through the back loop on the pocket and then to the webbing on the belt, they aren't going anywhere now. Here they are on my T3, sorry for the crappy pics...

IMG_3381.jpg

IMG_3380.jpg

Last edited:
OP
bbrown

bbrown

WKR
Crazy_davey - thanks for the pic and pointing that out. I didn't notice that on their website pics.
One question for you - since they wrap around the waist belt does that make them hard to work the zippers and access like some of the sewn in belt pockets on some packs?