Belt question

DIY HNTR

FNG
I have a question about belts. I plan on wearing my First Lite Corrugate Guide pants elk hunting. They are a little big on me but not to where I want to go down a size because they are only loose on the waist but comfortable everywhere else. I want to know what belt to wear with them if I'm hauling a Kifaru duplex frame. I've heard it's a bad idea to wear a regular belt because it can hurt while wearing a pack hauling a heavy load. Any suggestions from experience?

Thanks!

ljalberta

WKR
In the past I've just used a generic nylon webbing belt. I picked up the Kifaru belt last year which I now use. The performance is the same as any other similar belt, which is perfect for hauling a pack around. It doesn't rub uncomfortably or interfere with my packs waist belt and the buckle is quite low profile. The best way to figure out what works for you, as with most things, is going to be trying stuff out. Try loading up your pack and taking it out for a few weighted hikes with any slimmer belts or suspenders you already own. And make sure you give anything you do purchase a test run before heading out.

Eddie Bauer Genius Belt on sale. Its stretchy and very comfortable and the buckle does not slip. Heard good things on the Kifaru but never tried it. Kuiu belt is good and will not slip but I have the 1.5" version and prefer a 1" belt and I believe that is the current belt width. Most of the others have the same buckle type that will clank when you undo the belt and they slip continuously. Sitka has one like the eddie bauer out this year but its $45 I think. Bison Designs makes pretty much all of them so you might be able to find something straight from them too.

JDZ

WKR
Another vote for the Eddie Bauer Genius belt. It has some stretch to it, so you can't use it for a holster or other heavy items. But the stretch works well under a pack hip belt because you don't get excess belt when you tighten your pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Nasty

Lil-Rokslider
I use the kifaru belt which I like or use the Sitka suspenders with my timberline pants. Used a thick leather belt when I forgot these 2 and will never do that again.

My first lite belt slips a bit. Thinking about trying kuiu.

I have used riggers belts for years. No slip and you can use them for an expedient safety harness. If you pay up you can get a cobra buckle Version but it won't fit through some belt loops.

rd8

FNG
I really like the first lite suspenders. They clip to belt loops so they're very versatile with different pants and they don't interfere with any pack system I use.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I was at an army navy surplus store in Boulder and bought some nylon webbing and a standard clip buckle and it works great and holds well. You can pick from a variety of widths and colors. I don't like leather as it would retain scent more than nylon. The setup was like $2 -$3 too!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk