Beltless options

Pgohil

WKR
Need some options for holding my pants up that don't involve a belt..... I wear a size 30 waist, and don't have issues untill Im
Hiking with a pack.. My pack is always pulling my pants off my waist.
I don't see suspenders as as option cause they are streachy.

What are my options guys???

Thanks
PGohil
WV

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

RBHunter

WKR
Have you tried suspenders? I've almost all gone to them with my hunting pants. Sitka and FL. Especially my rain pants, as I got them a couple sizes over. So I can fit more cloth underneath, or wear them almost by themselves.

bigdub257

Lil-Rokslider
Had the same problem. Nothing more annoying! First Lite suspenders solved it! They will work on any pants with belt loops.

OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
Pgohil, why no belt, interference when wearing your pack waist belt?
I'm used to wearing a heavy leather belt and large buckle daily. But even with a nylon belt with slip through buckle the pack really pinches it hard.

About the suspenders... The ones you guys are using, do they stretch? Do the attachments cause problems with a pack?

Thanks all

ofl0926

WKR
Ill second what two members have said already, suspenders. I thought about switching back to a belt but the suspenders work perfectly fine.

bigdub257

Lil-Rokslider
The first lite suspenders do stretch, but once you get them adjusted they're money.....at least for me. Don't even know they're there. No problems under a pack.

OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
Thanks guys. Just ordered a pair of first lite suspenders.

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
I had the same problem and just got the FL suspenders and also the marsupial gear belt incase I decide that I hate the suspenders in the middle of a trip. I havent been out with the suspenders and a pack yet but ive warn the belt with and without a pack for over week now and I love it. It's very comfortable, doesn't cause me any issues under my pack and does an exceptional job at holding my pants up. If you get the suspenders and dont like how they wear then I highly recommend trying the marsupial belt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Kotaman

WKR
For me it’s more about the pants. I have pants that work fine with a belt and pack and have pants I have to wear suspenders with. (My favorite Timberlines require suspenders). Suspenders WILL solve your problem. Or find pants that don’t require it for you.

xcutter

WKR
I have suspenders from Sitka and Firstlite. Both are awesome. My hunting buddy makes fun of me for how I look in them but they really comfortable and worth the harassment.

OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
Can't wait till my first lite suspenders! Any adjustment tips?

xcutter

WKR
Can't wait till my first lite suspenders! Any adjustment tips?

Not really much to the adjustment of them. I just keep extending the length of there pull until it's comfortable and my pants are where I like them.

muddydogs

WKR
As a suspender guy, wear then all day every day to keep my pants up due to lack of butt, I purchased a set of First Lite suspenders as my usually suspender clips kind of eat my back up pinched between the waist belt and back. I found that the First Lite suspenders are an overpriced pile of junk that did little to hold my pants up unless they were so tight that when setting down my pants would try and pull up the crack of my rear.

I ended up cutting the clips off the First Lite and putting them on a pair of my good suspenders, shortly after I ran across a source for there clips and picked a few more up to have for future use.

Don't base your like or dislike for suspenders off the First Lite piles, if you find the First Lite suspenders don't meet your needs or expectations I would say try a real pair of suspenders before you give up on the idea.

My Sitka Timberline pants came with suspenders, and wasn't sure I would like them. I love them now, and wear my Timberlines more than I wear my Sitka Ascent pants that don't have suspenders. I wear the suspenders over my base layer, and under my midlayer (shirt), and just leave the shirt-tail untucked. Super comfortable and no one knows I'm wearing them.

OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
My first lite suspenders arrived in time for today's hike. We hiked 10 miles with @ 46lb pack, and not once did my pack pull my pants down. I'M BLOWN AWAY!!

Thanks to all for the recommendations and I'm really amazed at how well they worked. They are damn comfortable too!

Thanks again

PGohil
WV