Bench rests?

SDHNTR

WKR
I need a new height adjustable front rest and a rabbit ear squeeze bag for the rear. Have a cheapo Caldwell front jobber and it’s not real stable. What do y’all like best?

16Bore

WKR
Caldwell Rock with leather bunny ears. Leather rear bag.

rayporter

WKR
a bald eagle is about the next step up from the caldwell. the problem is the new ones have that cable windage adjustment and the cable has backlash. it is easy to remove, but still something you have to do. i have seen a few older models show up this winter with no cable and they are much better. there is a video on removing the cable on YT

another is a joe cowen that is affordable. my one experience with a cowen was not good. they get good reviews, however, and most shooters would probably be extremely happy with one.

others like a greenlaw or a john loh or a lenzi are big $$$

and older hart or sinclair it also extremely good. and usually affordable. new rests like the sinclair are rather spendy. if you have the caldwell bottom tripod and want to upgrade the top call shadetree engineering. butch will let you know if his top will fit your tripod. his top has a joystick for adjustment and works well.

many years ago i added a sinclair top to a caldwell bottom and it works great. i had a hard time finding a post to fit the tripod but was successful. i use it for varmints and save my farley for clean environments. yes a farley is a top rest but most do not have a need for it [or a seb neo], theses are to top 2 with joysticks for adjustment.

1581779724641.png
bald eagle
1581780607355.png
shadetree