Benchmade Bugout for hunting duties?

ttubudd

FNG
I saw the threads about customizing Benchmades, I have 3 storeboughts and ive been hapoy with them, so reading one thread on here I saw they sent emails with video photos and such so decided to pull the trigger. Apparently how theyte doing has changed, I guess do to the Virus crap. I ordered it last Sunday and kept looking it still showed processing and even the website says it normally processes within 24 hrs, so I called today and the lady said itll show processing until its complete. So just a heads up on the customs, it sounds as if theyre running a week or two slower now too, no biggie.
I missed that thread (I'm pretty new here) do you have a link or the name of the thread? Search came up empty

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Buck197

WKR
Im looking to see which one that made me go look at their customs, was being lazy when replying here as it kind of fit. Seeing if I can find it buddy.

Buck197

WKR
I think thats it..Benchmade bugout is legit, aug 2020.
As a sidenote, I gutted two whitetail on a benchmade auto very recently,, there was 2 of us working, but held an edge through it on sv30, that said, I normally keep a helluva edge on a knife, thats my edc, and use it daily around the ranch and hadnt sharpened it in a month as I was slacking. This new one im going to try the M4 steel and see how I like it. I still swear by those old mill sawblade knives, damned things were solid.

revcwood

FNG
Anyone have experience with a benchmade bugout for gutting and breaking down an animal? Any other lightweight options for this task? I can get the bugout in m4 steel about to pull the trigger.. my criteria is a folder because I don’t need the added sheath weight fold it up and keep it in the bag, lightweight, edge longevity.
I currently use a lightweight buck 110 it’s cheap and light but the edge will barely finish the field work (gut, skin, quarter) on a moose but again it’s cheap so I carry 1 in my bag and few in the hunt camp they work but it looses its edge towards the end. Looking to upgrade to only needing 1 knife to process a moose (gut skin quater) the bugout seems to fit the criteria
I have a bugout that I got this summer, and put a flytanium G10 scale kit on it because I wanted it to be a little stiffer than stock. It lives in my pocket as my EDC and was the only knife I had on me for 6 deer this fall. Only used it to dress them out, and it worked great with no issues, even through the rib cage.