Benchmade Bugout Is Legit!

I picked up a Benchmade bugout folder in July and I've been carrying it every day since. At this point I can say you guys NEED to try one out! Make sure you have diamond sharpeners, because the steel is hard, but this knife rocks. I reprofiled the grind on the S30V blade to a much shallower, slicey, angle and I'm in love with this knife. I need to skin a few animals with it, but I have a feeling this will handle multiple deer/one elk without a resharpening job because of the steel. And with the reprofiled edge it's scary sharp! At 2oz I envision this being a great alternative to Havalons, etc. Which is great, because I'm not big on land-filling things unless it's absolutely necessary, so Havalons just don't do it for me.

OP
Trumpkin The Dwarf
You can design your own now on the Benchmade site. Thinking I need another one with orange grips...wish you could add some reflective tape to help locate in the dark with ur headlamp. I hate losing good knives.
Daaaaaaaaamn IT!!!! I waited months trying to figure out the right knife. I wanted a bugout in M4 soooo bad... This wasn't an option when I bought.

qwerksc

WKR
In my pocket right now, It is definitely not a heavy duty "tool" of a knife, But, is sure nice to carry.

OP
Trumpkin The Dwarf
In my pocket right now, It is definitely not a heavy duty "tool" of a knife, But, is sure nice to carry.
I’ve never understood the “need” for heavy knives that some express. Using them for anything other than cutting and slicing is just misuse. There are other tools for other tasks.

I’ve never understood the “need” for heavy knives that some express. Using them for anything other than cutting and slicing is just misuse. There are other tools for other tasks.

A tool is defined by use. If someone uses their knife for batoning and other bushcraft activities, then that is the purpose of that tool.

This knife does much more than slicing and cutting, and if you told me I was using it wrong, you would be incorrect. ;)
20200822_142055.jpg

OP
Trumpkin The Dwarf
A tool is defined by use. If someone uses their knife for batoning and other bushcraft activities, then that is the purpose of that tool.

This knife does much more than slicing and cutting, and if you told me I was using it wrong, you would be incorrect. ;)
View attachment 210861
That's a gorgeous knife, and a point well made!

Does yours lock up tight? I fondled one when the first came out and was not impressed with the lockup. It had a ton of flex and wiggle to it.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I love mine I use it frequently. Some flytanium carbon scales really firmed it up and took the flex out of the handle.

boom

WKR
I have version 1.0, the boring blue one. It’s fantastic. I also reprofiled mine.

if I ever run across a gun shot victim, and the bullet needs to come out. “Click! I got this” :D

its is a great knife. I bet they sold a lot of them.

BBob

WKR
Does yours lock up tight? I fondled one when the first came out and was not impressed with the lockup. It had a ton of flex and wiggle to it.
I have a 537 Bailout which is the basically same knife, it has the slightest bit of side to side wiggle in the pivot if I try. The scales will flex if you try to bend them sideways but they don't do that in use.

Outlaw99

WKR
I like the mini bugout. Outside of hacking a moose femur in half or cutting down a mature cottonwood tree, this simple knife just about does it all for me.

sd375

Lil-Rokslider
Guys that have a bugout - how does it compare to the griptilian?