Benchmade Hidden Canyon

Just wondering if any one is using or has used the Benchmade Hidden Canyon and if so what are your thoughts on it? I’ve been debating buying one for awhile now but not sure if it’s worth the money. I’ve seen good and bad reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wondering if any one is using or has used the Benchmade Hidden Canyon and if so what are your thoughts on it? I’ve been debating buying one for awhile now but not sure if it’s worth the money. I’ve seen good and bad reviews.

I’ve got one. Love the knife but the sheath leaves something to be desired. Broke down two hogs and a muley within a week and it’s still very sharp.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I've had one for a few years now. It has a great sheath, but the blade is too short. I wish the Steep Country had a sheath as good as the Hidden Canyon.

I've carried this knife daily for a while now, 3-5 years prolly. It's been a heck of a work knife, screw driver, pry bar, chisel, wire stripper and so on... The leather sheath lasts about 2 years if cared for and kept dry. Within a month you won't need to look down for removal or putting it back in the sheath(even tho you could gut yourself if done wrong). I've never gutted any thing with it but have skinned a deer with it. I wouldn't use it for my field/hunting knife. It's a work horse and it's tough to break. S30v is some tough steel, it's like hand filing stihl chains. But it keeps it's edge better then any other knife I've had. If you want a razor blade sharp knife this probably isn't the best choice due to it's thickness. When you get it sharp it lasts tho. Well worth the price and is definitely a knife that will get handed down for generations.

Agustus

FNG
I also have it with the kydex sheath and I like the knife. It’s a workhorse knife with its thick stock. Might not be my first choice for breaking down an animal but certainly capable. Mine rides in my pack with my havalon and I’ve used it many times for gutting and skinning.

curt514

FNG
I used a hidden canyon to break down a whitetail and it really surprised me on how well it did work. I have some LT Write knives that I love but the Benchmade seemed to have to right mix for skinning. Just fits my hand well and the blade shape makes it easy to handle. Maybe not the best for deboning but great for skinning.

Hess makes a knife about the size of the hidden canyon for a good bit less. I've been wanting to order for a while but haven't caught it in stock yet. The steel won't be as good as the Benchmark though.

bpurtz

WKR
I have one with the kydex sheath looped on my backpack shoulder strap for quick access in case I need to slash a mountain lion's throat - so far I haven't been attacked, but after breaking down an elk with the Canyon a couple years back I decided I preferred a larger blade so I picked up a Saddle Mountain Skinner.