Benelli SBE III or Beretta A400 Xtreme Plus

WRO

WKR
I'm a big fan of the older 391's, they're lighter and just swing better for me.

Berettas all come with shims, if you have an issue with pointing, take it to a qualified smith or shop and have it fitted (you should really do this with all your shotguns to be honest).

hutty

Lil-Rokslider
Both are solid choices. I love my SBE III. Bought it in 2017 and have not had any issue with it. Gun has been ridden hard and put away wet in Canada, Wyoming, NC and Maryland. I hunt saltwater marsh, big water on the chesapeake, body booting on the flats and they gun has gone boom every time.

Been a Benelli guy for a long time. Own both 20 and 12 Montifeltros and M1 12. Never had ANY issues with any of them. Bought a new SBE3 last fall for a 3.5” option for snows. Didn’t pattern it right away and took it on a ND duck and goose hunt. Couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn with it. I did shim it for correct fit prior. Also had a couple jams. (Which I NEVER saw on any of the prior guns) Then went spring snow goose hunting and had more of the same issues. Took it to the range and discovered it was high and left of POA 15-17” at 30yds. Sent it in to Benelli stating the above as well as the action hanging and jamming. They sent it back with a pattern at 21 yds which was a 60/40 pattern but also with the POA below the target and the explanation of needing to adjust POA to “float” the target and nothing done regarding the action. I’ve shot for 40years and am use to the gun shooting where I aim it, not well above. Just sold it and bought an A400 extreme plus. Should be here this week and hoping it will be better.

h8brick

FNG
I like to think I am biased towards Benelli but I keep reading that the SBE III has POI issues yet I know two or three people that own them and say that theirs shoot 60/40. Which isn't a problem for me. Are there anymore SBE III owners out there that can chime in? Am I better off going with the a400 Xtreme plus? Its too bad you can't return these things if you dont like them!
Black eagle 3 in the optifade , i like the sleek handle of the benellis i have them all , berettas are bulky and the safety is to the front hate that!!