Benelli Service/Sportsmans Warehouse Service Experience Needed

I've been having a lot of problems with my 15 year old Benelli Nova in the last year. Constant double feeding, misfire not due to ammo and a few other issues. I've cleaned the hell out of it multiple times and can't figure out the problems aside from a new magazine retention clip (not sure if that's the right name.)

Now I'm considering shipping the gun to Benelli for complete service, does anyone have experience doing this? IE Cost, turnaround time, etc.?

Also I learned that Sportsman's Warehouse has a service that will cover inhouse repairs as well as cover cost and shipping to the manufacturer in case of a serious repair... anyone here gone that route?

Thanks all.

Last edited:

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
Have you tried replacing any of the springs and the firing pin? I'd replace the mag spring, the springs in the trigger group, firing pin and firing pin spring.

Norm555

WKR
I've had to send my benelli SBE 2 back to the repair facility to fix the inertia spring system. It went pretty well and I believe turn around time was 1-2 months. I'd call them to check on the timeframe but they've been good to me. I don't know about Sportsman's Warehouse situation but I'd be more inclined to just return it to the manufacturer.

WCB

WKR
Deal directly with the manufacturer take out the middle man blame game and time issues. The firing pin thing should be fairly easy to figure out if you can get parts. New spring, pin or both....depending on how much you shoot, firing pins can degrade/ware over time.

Double feed? are two shells coming out of the mag tube at the same time? retention clip? Did you replace the Shell Latch and if you did was the problem happening before you replaced it and still occurring?

OP
Rusty Shackelford
Deal directly with the manufacturer take out the middle man blame game and time issues. The firing pin thing should be fairly easy to figure out if you can get parts. New spring, pin or both....depending on how much you shoot, firing pins can degrade/ware over time.

Double feed? are two shells coming out of the mag tube at the same time? retention clip? Did you replace the Shell Latch and if you did was the problem happening before you replaced it and still occurring?
Good advice. It's probably time for all the parts you listed, and I'm inclined to order and replace them myself. The shipping cost to get the gun to Benelli would likely be the same as the parts at this point. The double feed (two shells coming out of tube at the same time) is fairly new, but I have probably 3-5,000 rounds through it at this point.

Spoonbill

WKR
Good advice. It's probably time for all the parts you listed, and I'm inclined to order and replace them myself. The shipping cost to get the gun to Benelli would likely be the same as the parts at this point. The double feed (two shells coming out of tube at the same time) is fairly new, but I have probably 3-5,000 rounds through it at this point.
I had the bolt release break on my m2, benelli warrantied the part and i just paid my gunsmith’s labor cost. With Covid it may take longer to ship the gun to them. Maybe give benelli a call and describe the issues, they likely can pin point it to worn parts. Also I wouldn’t trust sportsmans warehouse gunsmiths to fix a gun, I’d find a local gunsmith to do the work. Any good gunsmith will stand behind the work they do.

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
Another place to look is the Brian Enos forums. They have an extensive section for 3 gun, and the Nova was a pump that was used a bit back in the day. There's a dude on there, KurtM that's pretty knowledgeable on the Benelli, and Pat Kelley is another one that comes to mind as he use to shoot OG heavy 3 gun that required a pump.