Benelli super black eagle problems

I have a benelli sbe2 that’s 4 years old. But not overly used. It has nothing but problems.

double feeds , fails to feed , and clicks and don’t fire.

it’s been to benelli two times and they tell me they can’t find anything wrong with it. I’m sick and tired of missing birds to the guys next to me with berettas

I am using alll top of the line ammo. I have 4 other benellis and have zero problems with them.

I feel everytime I call customer service I get attitude. Again I don’t like bashing a company I have 5 of them. I’m just pissed after today

WKR
Some guys like Benellis and must be good at working on them. Sell it for a fair price and move on. If Benelli says it is okay, not much else you can do. I have had very few issues with a much less expensive Franchi.

Man i have had similirar issues at times with my older SB2 but mainly with kent shells kents quality control used to b much better then again for 1700 bucks should cycle a turd. I had an original HK SBEnever should have sold it. I have two a camo and a black one black one is flawless. have you pulled the recoil spring completely out? and completely disassembled the bold and relube? or by chance is it a LH 26"

OP
F
Man i have had similirar issues at times with my older SB2 but mainly with kent shells kents quality control used to b much better then again for 1700 bucks should cycle a turd. I had an original HK SBEnever should have sold it. I have two a camo and a black one black one is flawless. have you pulled the recoil spring completely out? and completely disassembled the bold and relube? or by chance is it a LH 26"
Yep done it all.

no rh 26

KurtR

WKR
Didn’t the sbe2 have known problems that were fixed on the sbe3. I think I seen it on one of the duck hunting forums it was a big deal.

Some guys like Benellis and must be good at working on them. Sell it for a fair price and move on. If Benelli says it is okay, not much else you can do. I have had very few issues with a much less expensive Franchi.
Love my Affinity 3.5.

OP - Nothing you can do - kick it down the road and move on. Kind of surprised you are having problems with the II. I know the III is a complete cluster that Benelli refuses to acknowledge as a design flaw.

Didn’t the sbe2 have known problems that were fixed on the sbe3. I think I seen it on one of the duck hunting forums it was a big deal.
The SBE3’s stock has a design flaw that causes it to shoot high and sometimes to the left or sometimes to the right. They softened the chevrons for guys complaining about the recoil. Quick google search on the SBE3 will explain in more detail. I was kind of bummed - I had my heart set on a SBE3 and after researching went with the Franchi and love it.

OP
F
They should do right by me with a ten year warranty. I hate hearing it is fine after they shoot three rounds out of it.

I have never been so frustrated. It’s a 1800 dollar single shot

Have you changed the spring to an after market one? I did that with my SBE II and works a lot better with the heavy loads.

I think I got a Wolff heavy spring

I have had my Benelli Super Black Eagle II for almost 15 years and have had no issues at all. I has shot EVERYTHING, from light loads to the heavy magnums. Never a jam. Never a mis-fire. Never a mis-feed. I will never let mine go and am glad I did not given the rumors I hear about regarding the SBE III.

I believe that was solving the benelli click making it easier for the bolt to lock up. That and more stainless parts and ergonomics i think was the only change. I know the early sb3s were shooting very high as well but i think that got fixed but trying to research that before I get one for my kid

CentralFLMike

Lil-Rokslider
I had an original SBE that was plagued with problems. I traded it and have since heard about newer generation SBEs with the same problems plus bent barrels from the factory that Benelli won't fix. Best I can tell, Randy Wakeman has made the most noise about them.

You wouldn't have a problem selling it and I agree that the way I would go. I hunt with a bunch of guys that love their sb2, but I wouldn't own one. I like Browning, but the Beretta's are really good.

OP
F
I tried the Wolff recoils spring . It did help with the cycling issues.

but I am still getting a lot of “click”. Do I start changing parts on my own . I feel like that’s the only way benelli isn’t helping me

dtrkyman

WKR
Is there any chance it has a bent or somehow crushed receiver? A friend of mine had that happen to a Browning. If you have changed the spring out and cleaned everything up and even had it to the factory then I have no idea without hands on.

I would video some shooting of the malfunctions and make them resolve it.

Have you completely disassembled the bolt, I tear that down once a year or so. any visible wear anywhere?

Magazine spring taken out and cleaned? Will it lock the bolt open with one shell loaded?

There is something dirty worn or damaged if it has that much trouble cycling. Look for a good local gunsmith and have em take a gander at it.

OP
F
Is there any chance it has a bent or somehow crushed receiver? A friend of mine had that happen to a Browning. If you have changed the spring out and cleaned everything up and even had it to the factory then I have no idea without hands on.

I would video some shooting of the malfunctions and make them resolve it.

Have you completely disassembled the bolt, I tear that down once a year or so. any visible wear anywhere?

Magazine spring taken out and cleaned? Will it lock the bolt open with one shell loaded?

There is something dirty worn or damaged if it has that much trouble cycling. Look for a good local gunsmith and have em take a gander at it.

I don’t think so . With the trigger assembly removed the bolt slides freely through the receiver .

I clean it all every weekend. Not once a year haha. But even so. My buddy hasn’t cleaned his in 6 years , not onceee and it fires everytime. I agree with a good local gun smith but who is better then benelli?? It’s been their twice and they push it back and say nothings wrong. I told the guy on the phone from benelli. Please go hunt with it for two weeks. Don’t just run a couple rounds through it and say it’s fine.

dtrkyman

WKR
That sucks as far as their service go's, I clean mine regularly but not a total tear down!

I assume you have shot multiple types of shells through it?

There always seems to be a turd in the bunch, a friend of mine had issues with a 10ga a while back, it now rests in the middle of Chesapeake bay somewhere, not kidding!