Benelli Warranty Experiences?

Bassman

Lil-Rokslider
Hi All,

Curious if anyone has any experience with sending a firearm back to Benelli for service? I've heard that they good customer service and my interactions with them have so far been positive (sending replacement parts, etc) but I have never sent them a firearm.

I have a 10 year old Benelli SBE II that has historically been very reliable (you may have seen me post about it on some other threads) and primarily was used for competition and bird hunting. However, this season I have been having issues with shells not being retained in the magazine tube which results in a double feed. Effectively making it a single shot. I reached out to Benelli and they were confident the issue was a worn carrier latch and they sent a replacement. I swapped the part and unfortunately the issue persisted. There does not appear to be other parts that would potentially wear and I worry that the receiver is worn out (which would be premature in my view) and they will not do anything about it.

Does anyone have any experience with sending in a firearm? Just not sure what to expect and how thorough they will be outside of looking for a "quick fix". Would appreciate any insight

CorbLand

WKR
My buddy bought a brand new SBE3. Took it home and then realized that it had a mare in the finish about 3 inches down barrel, on the inside of the barrel. It was like there was a chunk missing out of it. He called Benelli and they had him send it back to them. Two weeks later they had it on its way back to him. He got it back with the same problem and a letter saying that their gunsmith looked at it and said it was fine. After 30 minutes of arguing with them, he said "so your telling me that a 1800 dollar shotgun is considered fine when its missing a chunk of the lining in the barrel?" They told him "yes."

I have hunted with 20 people that shoot Benelli's and never seen any have big problems and anyone that has had problem has nothing but praise for their customer service, minus that one kid.

dtrkyman

WKR
Isn't there a spring behind that part? I would make sure the spring is not the issue. Mine was cycling really slow in cold temps last duck season, not jamming just slow, did a complete tear down and the recoil spring and tube were quite dirty, cleaned it out.

All good as new after.

brocksw

WKR
Their customer service has always been so-so IMO. Sometimes things are handled satisfactory, sometimes you go in circles with them. My grandfather sent his original SBE in 3 times and his issue was never resolved. In benelli's defense, he had an ungodly number of rounds through that gun over 20ish years. Several cases a year of 3.5" mag loads as a retired waterfowl hunter.

My family and friends almost exclusively shoot benellis. Replacing the recoil spring after a couple thousand rounds is pretty much a required part of owning a benelli if youre shooting magnum loads and hunting in inclement weather. I bought the wolff recoil spring for my M2 last year and it got rid of the "slow cycling" mentioned previously.

OP
B

Bassman

Lil-Rokslider
Isn't there a spring behind that part? I would make sure the spring is not the issue. Mine was cycling really slow in cold temps last duck season, not jamming just slow, did a complete tear down and the recoil spring and tube were quite dirty, cleaned it out.

All good as new after.
Correct, there is a spring behind the follower in the tube. The issue is that the mag tube will not retain the shell at all. As soon as a shell "clicks" past the carrier latch, the spring tension kicks it out and blocks the feed ramp. I'll try and post up a photo to show the issue.

dtrkyman

WKR
I understand what you mean, the spring should keep the retainer in the proper position and tension, any chance there is some debris in there?

OP
B

Bassman

Lil-Rokslider
Ahh I see what you're getting at now with the spring... No, I have not tried replacing that. I'll order a new one and see if that works before sending the gun off

ODB

WKR
Ahh I see what you're getting at now with the spring... No, I have not tried replacing that. I'll order a new one and see if that works before sending the gun off

i was thinking spring as well.

this one - #68

C61848E9-FE0B-404A-A147-8CD970232836.jpeg

OP
B

Bassman

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, ODB. I just ordered the carrier latch spring as well. I've got the carrier latch spring (new carrier latch already installed), follower, rear forend bushing, mag spring and recoil spring inbound. Fingers crossed

rsw669961

FNG
Thanks for the info. I have the same problem with my black eagle 3.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk