Benelli $$$$$$

I have heard speculation that part of why the sbe3 shoots so high is due to the overly soft/flexible new comfortec stocks they introduced with the sbe3. Some think the stock overcompresses to try to dissipate recoil and that compression of the stock causes the higher poi. I don’t have an sbe3 but something weird definitely seems to be going on with them vs the first two gens. I have a Cordoba that was afflicted with the sticky stock syndrome—which benelli did replace—so they have definitely released bad stocks before…

I own both Berettas and Benellis, while perceived recoil isn’t always a factor, the Berettas are quite a bit softer shooting (especially in lighter guns). The berettas are also generally more front heavy while the Benellis are a bit more neutral or back weighted due to the lack of a gas piston in the front. I always thought I liked the nimble benelli feel, until I added a foreend weight to my cordoba and shot better…

almost all Benellis now have a mid rib, which may or may not work better for you, though I am not an expert, it seems that they have done this to allow the stock to be a bit more flat or parallel instead of dropping (like a field stock traditionally would). My theory is that this makes them more forgiving to mounting position, which I like, but I also like the way a flat rib disappears and feels more instinctive to me.

lastly, one of the things I like the least about my benelli with the comfortec stock is that the recoil pad and cheek pad are about as fragile as human skin (at least on my guns) and mine has gotten pretty beaten up with even very tame dove hunting. Hopefully they have addressed this with the newer guns.

OP
Dominic06

Dominic06

FNG
After hearing everyone’s thoughts and opinions about shotguns, I finally bought a Benelli SBE3 28in 3 1/2. I am very happy and pleased with my purchase and I thank all of you for helping me make it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk