Bent gun barrel from airline travel...

rob86jeep

WKR
Who has had a gun damaged during airline travel? My buddy just had one ruined (broke the travel case in pieces and severely bent the barrel). Just wondering how generous/stingy the airlines will try to be with replacement cost.

mt100gr.

WKR
Zero help here, but please keep us posted. That is shameful, if you ask me.

Hope your buddy gets taken care of.

Do you have any pictures?

When I was fresh out of college I used to fly with $20 Plano cases pretty frequently. Not a chance I’d do that now days.. That had to be intentional.

MattB

WKR
Honestly, how do you think that could be done intentionally? Having met a bunch of folks who work with luggage at airports, I don't give credit for figuring out how to bend a rifle barrel with the tools available to them.

Honestly, how do you think that could be done intentionally? Having met a bunch of folks who work with luggage at airports, I don't give credit for figuring out how to bend a rifle barrel with the tools available to them.

Put one end of the case on top of a step or block so there is a gap beneath it and the ground and drive over it. The same could happen on accident.

EastMT

WKR
Did this go through a known anti gun/hunting area? Wouldnt doubt that at all.

That’s pretty unbelievable, hard to stomach that showing up on a fly out hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

rob86jeep

WKR
I'm leaving tomorrow to meet him on a hunting trip (was supposed to leave today as well buy my plane hard broke...). I'll update the post when I find out all the details and how the airline responded to the problem though. To me, I can't imagine a barrel bending unless it was driven over; not necessarily intentionally, but most likely gross negligence (although it could be a freak accident).

Luckily my other buddy we are meeting up with had a spare gun for him to use.