Bergara '20

OXN939

WKR
Anyone got any experience with the 2020 Bergara lineup? They appear to have gotten some "motivation" from Weatherby with their Wilderness line of rifles. Specifically interested in any first person differences observed between the new Premier Mountain line and its predecessors. Thanks in advance for any input!

eoperator

WKR
1 so so kinda bad experience with bergara turned my attention away from them. Just bought a ca mesa, stupid accurate. No production rifle with factory ammo should shoot like that. Send it off to mesa precision and have them bed it in an altitude stock for less money and weight than that bergara.

OP
OXN939

OXN939

WKR
1 so so kinda bad experience with bergara turned my attention away from them. Just bought a ca mesa, stupid accurate. No production rifle with factory ammo should shoot like that. Send it off to mesa precision and have them bed it in an altitude stock for less money and weight than that bergara.

Haha... The reason I'm in the market is a disastrously poor experience I had with a Mesa. I think this illustrates the chance you take with production rifles- even Lamborghinis have lemons. I'm almost tempted to give CA another go- everything about my Mesa was great other than the fact that it was substantially less accurate than my $150 Walmart special muzzleloader. If only prices would come down a little bit after the release of the '20 lineup...

Motown

WKR
No experience with them but have been doing my homework. I see they did away with the 280ai this year in all of their rifles so I am gonna look elsewhere now.

I have a 280 AI mountain that I love so it looks like I’ll just have to upgrade the stock to a Mesa to stay cool

You can still find the 280AI's in last years Bergara's. I've used a Highlander in 280AI all season and absolutely love it. By far my favorite rifle I have ever owned

Forest

WKR
Would like to give a bergara a try, but was really wishing they would have a better twist rate for the 28 nosler. Not that's a for sure deal breaker but would certainly limit bullet selection. Even the 7mm mag is poor

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OXN939

OXN939

WKR
Would like to give a bergara a try, but was really wishing they would have a better twist rate for the 28 nosler. Not that's a for sure deal breaker but would certainly limit bullet selection. Even the 7mm mag is poor

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah one of these in .280 would be solid. I'm planning to grow a man bun, start vaping and go with 6.5 Creed in whatever my next rifle ends up being

Motown

WKR
You can still find the 280AI's in last years Bergara's. I've used a Highlander in 280AI all season and absolutely love it. By far my favorite rifle I have ever owned

Mind sharing what your setup is and the total weight? Like the looks of this rifle but they seem to be a bit on the heavy side.

Mind sharing what your setup is and the total weight? Like the looks of this rifle but they seem to be a bit on the heavy side.

Mine is a hair under 10# but that’s with a Bushnell LRHSi on it and that scope is a tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank indeed. Got a few pics of that rig?

4d8164fe1067a712b55ebf2c92f14551.jpg
42dc90b2c610ff24cf2aa8e088618920.jpg

These are the only ones I’ve got on my phone at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T3clay

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone shooting a ridge or Hunter in 7mm mag? I'm planning on purchasing one this spring, leaning towards the Ridge, but haven't decided.

Also if you do have one what factory loads does it like and what accuracy have you seen

MNhunter

FNG
I've also been looking at some of the Bergara models I just wished more places had them in stock to handle and compare. I really like the look of the wilderness ridge or the highlander.

OP
OXN939

OXN939

WKR
I've also been looking at some of the Bergara models I just wished more places had them in stock to handle and compare. I really like the look of the wilderness ridge or the highlander.

Facts. I've probably looked at 10 gun stores of varying size from little mom and pop to one of the largest retailers of used guns on the East Coast and haven't been able to find a Premier of any kind.

DRUSSELL

FNG
What was your issue?