Bergara B14 HMR Stock...

So, I'm not a big "gun guy", but as a hunter I obviously own some.

A while back I decided that the Rem700 I got for an antelope trip was gonna stick around, got a Timeny trigger, decent scope, and I've been half shopping for a stock and mag conversion.

Good friend has a B14 HMR he's about to pull off to put his action in a chassis. He offered it to me cheap.

It's a little heavier than what I've been looking at, but I don't think that's all bad. The rifle isn't particularly light (or heavy) and neither is a major criteria for me.

Thoughts on that stock for a rifle that sees a hunting trip or two a year (western hunting, no stands), and a little bench time?

wnelson14

WKR
Classified Approved
Not sure on the Bergara HMR stock, I think they are good but heavy.
Here is other affordable options that a lot of people recommend

GWT

FNG
I used a hmr when I first got into prs and I still love the stock for bench for positional shooting practice but I think it’s too heavy and bulky for carrying miles in the woods when I have other rifles I can use.

The main thing I like about my hmr is that I have had zero feeding issues with the Magpul or mdt mags when I’ve had pressure on the magazine. In prs or hunting situations I don’t want to have my gun jam up when time counts.

greyling

FNG
If you like the feel of it it's a fine stock. It is always felt kind of like "close but no cigar" for me