Bergara Highlanders

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
My experiences with Bergara rifles mirrors Mountainman’s. I own several and haven’t had a single issue whatsoever. My Highlander in 280AI has been my favorite rifle I’ve ever owned by far. I learned a long time ago to take online reviews with a grain of salt. As folks tend to try to portray worst case scenario even if they have to embellish the details some. Now Watr put out the kind of review that really catches my attention bc he points out the problems he had but also says how it was resolved and whether or not he was satisfied with his dealings. As far as the issues mentioned above there’s no excuse for cracked stocks. A lot of feed issues arise from folks not seating the internal mag box back correctly when they disassemble their rifle. I’m not knocking the Seekins rifles at all other than that god awful fluting and I have no doubt they’ll be accurate rifles. Just like all the Bergara’s I have owned have been. You always have to remember that it’s the folks with an issue that you’ll hear the loudest rather than the countless people who have had great experiences with their rifles. I also paid less than $1400 for my Highlander.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the issue with my Highlander really had to do with the cartridge more than anything. The 6.5PRC round is a fat round and with what little experience I have with it I think it is best suited to a detachable box magazine. At the range I fed it one round at a time and of course no issues. It was also amazingly accurate. I can 100% say that if there weren't these issues I'd still have the rifle. The Seekins Havak PH2 in 6.5PRC is just as accurate and definitely no issues. The major difference is that it has a detachable box magazine and not an internal magazine. My biggest pet peeve about the Seekins is the bright finish to the barrel. It's definitely going to be cerakoted soon.

I bought my son the Bergara HMR in 6.5CM and it is also a tack driver. He loves the rifle and has taken his share of deer with it. I'm looking for a Bergara BXR in 22LR now. I've shot one and it is a great little 22LR!

khuber84

WKR
My experiences with Bergara rifles mirrors Mountainman’s. I own several and haven’t had a single issue whatsoever. My Highlander in 280AI has been my favorite rifle I’ve ever owned by far. I learned a long time ago to take online reviews with a grain of salt. As folks tend to try to portray worst case scenario even if they have to embellish the details some. Now Watr put out the kind of review that really catches my attention bc he points out the problems he had but also says how it was resolved and whether or not he was satisfied with his dealings. As far as the issues mentioned above there’s no excuse for cracked stocks. A lot of feed issues arise from folks not seating the internal mag box back correctly when they disassemble their rifle. I’m not knocking the Seekins rifles at all other than that god awful fluting and I have no doubt they’ll be accurate rifles. Just like all the Bergara’s I have owned have been. You always have to remember that it’s the folks with an issue that you’ll hear the loudest rather than the countless people who have had great experiences with their rifles. I also paid less than $1400 for my Highlander.

How longs the mag box in your 280ai? Room to load out a ways with longer vld bullets?

Mountainman3

Lil-Rokslider
I believe the issue with my Highlander really had to do with the cartridge more than anything. The 6.5PRC round is a fat round and with what little experience I have with it I think it is best suited to a detachable box magazine. At the range I fed it one round at a time and of course no issues. It was also amazingly accurate. I can 100% say that if there weren't these issues I'd still have the rifle. The Seekins Havak PH2 in 6.5PRC is just as accurate and definitely no issues. The major difference is that it has a detachable box magazine and not an internal magazine. My biggest pet peeve about the Seekins is the bright finish to the barrel. It's definitely going to be cerakoted soon.

I bought my son the Bergara HMR in 6.5CM and it is also a tack driver. He loves the rifle and has taken his share of deer with it. I'm looking for a Bergara BXR in 22LR now. I've shot one and it is a great little 22LR!

Bergara sells a kit that replaces the blind mag and converts to a detachable mag. I have had a few issues getting mine to load in the blind mag as well. I had to disassemble and reposition the internal box. Took a couple times but finally got it. I have seen several of the havak’s and you’re right on the brightness of the barrel. As long as it shoots it won’t matter thou.