Bergara HMR - Bottom Metal

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone know if any aftermarket stocks accept the HMR's bottom metal? Have a 6.5 cm and thought it'd be cool to donate the barreled action to a carbon hunting stock (Manners/McMillan). Also, any ideal if they accept AICS mags other than magpul? Magpul mags work great but I don't love the way they look.

I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure it's the same footprint as a Badger M5. Should be able to find an R700 pattern stock with an M5 inlet pretty easily. Any AICS magazine will work.

I was under the impression that anything for the rem 700 fits Bergara. I could be wrong and maybe that is for certain models.

Anyone know if any aftermarket stocks accept the HMR's bottom metal? Have a 6.5 cm and thought it'd be cool to donate the barreled action to a carbon hunting stock (Manners/McMillan). Also, any ideal if they accept AICS mags other than magpul? Magpul mags work great but I don't love the way they look.
The HMR bottom metal is a proprietary bottom metal so I doubt it would fit anything else well. I have 3 Bergara stocks 1 of which is a long action and both remington and badger M5 bottom metal. Neither the Remington factory or M5 fit by a long shot. Also, I'm running accurate mag AICS magazines in 1 short action, Accuracy International in another and am considering having the long action stock inlet for M5 bottom metal so I can run the CIP length magazine required for my new 300 PRC barreled action. The long action Bergara stock was purchased as an interim stock while I wait on the arrival of my manners PRS-1 which seems to be a ways out still.

Last edited: