Bergara internal mag dimensions

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have a Ridge or other typical hunting rifle from Bergara? I have a highlander that I've been waiting on for eons and I'm curious what the internal mag box measures - I ordered it in 280 ai and I'm hoping the factory magazine allows for a decent OAL as I will eventually handload but if not, I'm apt to upgrade to a different DBM.

Just curious - let me know if any of you have this measurement (for a long action).

Drew

FNG
I’m picking up a Highlander in 6.5 PRC and I’m wondering the same thing. Any insight on Hornady Ammo or hand loads would be much appropriated.

I just measured the internal box magazine on my B-14 Ridge, 300Win Mag, and it roughly measures 3.70. I didn't exactly take it apart to get super accurate, so take that for what it's worth. Honestly my rifle has more mag length than the throat has room for. Still doing some load development but I'm really happy with the rifle so far, running around .75" groups with the 210 Berger vld.

I just measured the internal box magazine on my B-14 Ridge, 300Win Mag, and it roughly measures 3.70. I didn't exactly take it apart to get super accurate, so take that for what it's worth. Honestly my rifle has more mag length than the throat has room for. Still doing some load development but I'm really happy with the rifle so far, running around .75" groups with the 210 Berger vld.
This is exactly what I was looking for. I want to load 200gr accubonds without having to seat them too deep.

Last edited:
OP
A

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
Just confirmed box length is 3.70” in the Highlander (long action - 280ai). I have had between ridiculous accuracy and .75 moa accuracy with the factory hornady precision hunter (162 grain I think) but consistently a very accurate factory production rifle. I still don’t have my reload setup finished so no input on hand loads. The receiver ramp is notched which is interesting, might be useful if ever used with a wyatts box or donated to a stock with an aics bottom metal

Attachments

• 46EC22AC-CECE-40EF-8818-4C96B70029F6.jpeg
    46EC22AC-CECE-40EF-8818-4C96B70029F6.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 27

djfergus

FNG
Thank you very much for posting the mag length. I would like to eventually post a thread with mag lengths for all the models of rifles I own and so others can add length measurements for their rifles also so there will be a database that others can refer to.

djfergus

FNG
Does anyone know if a bergara will fit into a Remington 700 stock and if bergara bottom metal will fit the remington 700 stock also?

i emailed Mcmillan on that same question a couple weeks ago since I have a 700 mcmillan edge i was going to try it with and they said that it would work. I would imagine that there would be some minor fitting but McMillan said that it should work fine.