Bergara Left Hand 2019?

NDGuy

WKR
Anyone know of anything concrete for Bergara coming out in lefty next year?

Idk why they wouldn't at least offer their B14 Hunter in a few calibers in LH. Seems like their only competition would be Browning and Tikka in their price range. From what I have seen Bergara kicks their ass for the price point. I would buy one in a heartbeat.

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
Fellow lefty here....we can say that about lots of rifles! They say something like 11-15% of population is left handed. Seems like in the age of CAD system where it is a quick mirror image that manufacturers would want a 11-15% sales boost. go figure.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Fellow lefty here....we can say that about lots of rifles! They say something like 11-15% of population is left handed. Seems like in the age of CAD system where it is a quick mirror image that manufacturers would want a 11-15% sales boost. go figure.

Especially with how their rifles have taken the US by storm, my local Scheels sold A LOT of them and I am in Eastern ND where most people are just farm country whitetail hunters.

Yup, you'd think so ! I'm waiting for either, Tikka or Rem, to build, a lefty in 6MM Creed or, 6XC (I would prefer a Tikka, in 6XC). But, I'll probably just end up waiting, til' I shoot the barrel out of my .22-250 Rem 700 and build it, myself !
Companies today are so large that, they are not "nimble" anymore ! And they have Computer or, Business "Geeks" running, the Co's, it's NOT like,.. the "old Days" ! They need, "big numbers" to impress Management ! Hell is gonna Freeze over, before I get a New Tikka, Lefty made, in one of those, GREAT, Calibers ! PS; I'd look hard at, a LEFTY Bergara, in one of those Caliber's !!

As a lefty I have been waiting for Bergara for a while now. I just saw they had the HMR model at the SHOT show. The B14 hunter has to be close. Or at least I hope so.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
As a lefty I have been waiting for Bergara for a while now. I just saw they had the HMR model at the SHOT show. The B14 hunter has to be close. Or at least I hope so.
I cannot believe they went with the HMR over the Hunter or Ridge.

Tikka completely dominates the $700-1000 range for rifles. Blows my mind no one even bothers trying to release something in that range to challenge them. I understand to an extent for lefties though, we aren't a big revenue jump for them.

tgus59

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a lefty looking for a 300 Win Mag or 300 WSM, is Tikka my best bet? I found a lefty Savage that I was learning toward.

Tikka is nice but there are options. Remington and browning both good. However, I’m waiting or I will see what Lane Rifles has to offer.

I am sure the hunter would be a close second. I can’t imagine they would only offer something that appeals to a small part of the small part.

TwoTikkas

WKR
I'm not a leftie,but a recent Bergara owner. I hope they come through for you all. The Ridge I purchased is a lot of rifle for the price. I was there when the T3 hit the racks. Almost embarrassing all the more we paid for the early ones. I figured I better try the Bergara before it climbs in price. I figure the HMR will likely be the first offering in left hand. It's the poster child for the brand. I frequent Bergara Enthusiasts page, and with the exception of the premier line,the HMR is first,the Ridge seems to take second place,then the Hunter. Lobby them all you can. Can't hurt.

michihunt

Lil-Rokslider
I would love another lefty option as well. A new rifle is in my future but the HMR is out of the budget.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

I’m would simply like a hunter. Well, two. A 6.5 and a 300 wm. Nothing fancy or special, just a gun. I don’t do FB so throw in a request for me please.

I’m sure you lefties know but bergara put the hmr out. I’m waiting on the hunter but some of you may want to check this gun out.

I called Bergara after SHOT....I did not get a very complete answer...."Mid Year". And the Short Actions will be first. The will crank out as many in 6.5 Creed as possible....cuz they will sell. Not sure on the other chamberings/time lines. I would guess the long action in 300 Win Mag will be last and probably not until next calendar year...which sucks, cuz that's the one I am after. I am full of Creedmoor. A 6 Creed would excite me. But they twisted the 243 with a 10 twist which is in the opposite direction. And the 22.250 in a 9 twist is a maybe.

Why the HMR? Cuz it's uber popular for everyone to think they can spend $1200 and be Chris Kyle in 5 rounds. And they are selling like crazy. Lotta rifle there. The low pro/lightweight cheek riser an enormous plus for the more serious (read: educated) shooters. Internal Chassis. And ACIS mag compatible.

There are a few Tikka T3X floating around in 22-250 but twisted 1-8" if that scratches any itch. I just looked at 6 on GB. I just don't think I need one that bad. I've taken a shit on the 243 for 30+ years. But for some reason.....I am currently horned up over a 6mm in 8 twist....dealers choice. But I don't wanna build one for $2500 just to beat the balls off

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Yeah I have zero interest in a 9.5+lb HMR for hunting. God that would suck hauling around!