Bergara MgMicro Lite- Thoughts?

Surprised to not see any responses to this thread for over a month...

I researched the Savage Ultralight Elite and Fierce Mountain Reaper and ended up ordering the Bergara MgMicro Lite in 6.5 Creedmoor. I have always preferred 7mm-08 for my shorter barrels but have found that the 6.5 Creedmoor works well in shorter barrels also. I have a Contessa PV76-NV rail ordered also that extends the rail out the back for use with a thermal scope for my predator hunting at night. I am going to use a Leupold VX6HD 1-6x scope that I already have with the Leupold quick release rings for daytime use. I have another rifle that I would take to hunt out west for longer shots and larger game than whitetail deer.

Correction...PH76-NV

Coyote and XPR.jpg
I have a Contessa PH47-NV scope rail on a Winchester XPR in 7mm-08.

I will always be shooting suppressed with the MgMicro Lite. I really like the HuxWrx FLOW 762 Ti, even for bolt action rifles. The reduction in back pressure keeps from fouling the barrel as fast.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
On the chassis side, customers who prefer the ATOM are guys who are shooting mainly off tripods and they don't need the longer forend. The shorter barrel of the Micro lite will make the rifle nice and compact for your backpack hunts too! We have a ton of customers running the ATOM on anything from 8-24" barrels and they really like them for their shooting style.

For me personally I run the Element (or MG Lite) because I want to have my bipod out further.

The Atom chassis fits my needs perfectly for a super lightweight rifle for calling predators. I usually sit on a stool, preferably with my back against a tree, and scan with a helmet mounted thermal. I want to sit comfortably with the rifle balanced on a tripod with my hands free to operate the remote and be ready to fold up the helmet mounted thermal to take aim with the thermal scope on the rifle.

I absolutely love the looks of the MgLite and MgMicro Lite in their respective XLR chassis! The Element 4.0 chassis on the Bergara MgLite was what first caught my attention and gave me the fever for a new rifle, but for 100 yards or so suppressed nighttime predator hunting, I didn't want the 22" barrel. The introduction of the MgMicro Lite with the Atom chassis and 18" barrel put me over the edge to actually make a purchase. It arrived at my FFL today and I am waiting for him to get back to his shop to go pick it up. I hope the chassis feels as good as it looks.

I have a Blaser R8 in 270 Winchester that shoots Hornady 130 grain CX bullets 0.5 MOA consistently, so I will probably skip the 6.5 PRC. But if I like the MgMicro Lite with the 18" barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor as much as I think I will, I would really like to have an MgLite with 22" barrel in 7 PRC.