Bergara MP Lite / Christensen MPR / Anything Else I'm Missing? 6.5 PRC

ELKhunter60

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Guys,

I've been on Rokslide a while but haven't really looked into rifles for a LONG TIME. Knee injury elk hunting in Montana backcountry last year got me loosing weight off my belly and I'm trying to do the same for my pack. I'm really interested in getting a light rig with a folding stock. I'm 6'4" and would love to not have a barrel hovering over my head when I'm packing in. I'm tall enough as it is. And yes - I know about the Kifaru rifle sling. I looked at it but t's really just not my thing.

I've been looking at the Christensen and the Bergara. Both meet my weight requirement and my budget. Reaper has a super cool looking model as well - but I've heard their customer service leaves a lot to be desired - which is a big deal to me. Is there any other options out there I'm missing (under 7.5 lbs)? Also - out of the two, does anyone know which one has a better accuracy/durability track record?

Would respectfully prefer to not turn this post into a caliber debate. I'm going to hold onto my 300 Weatherby for moose hunts and elk hunts that aren't 6 miles back off the trailhead. So I don't feel like I need more than the 6.5 PRC for the rest of my adventures.

Thanks for your feedback.

Reactions: XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Bergara that we have in the shop is shooting great. I have put around 150 rounds through it so far and it seems to hold 1/2 MOA pretty easily! The action isn't in the same ball park as a Lone Peak but its far better than my Remington's (as expected). Good trigger on them and of course a great chassis ;) I am obviously a little biased and do not have much experience with the MPR. I did have a buddy bring me an MPR that wasn't shooting great and I did not like the attachment point for the carbon fiber forend. It just didn't feel like something that would hold up if you fell on it. They look sweet though! After getting hands on both of them I would say they are neck and neck as far as action feel goes! Overall I am sure that whichever way you go you will be very happy with your choice!