Bergara Omni Flow Muzzle Brake?

My Bergara HMR Wilderness comes with their Omni Flow radial brake. I am curious if I should immediately replace it with an APA Little Bastard or keep the Omni Flow.

Anyone try the Omni Flow brake and was effective at recoil reduction for spotting shots?

svivian

WKR
Radial brakes dont do a very good job of preventing muzzle rise as it is allowing gas to escape from the bottom as well. Not only that but it will kick up a ton of dirt into your view. I would highly recommend going to a brake with side baffles like the APA little bastard you mentioned.

MAP1

FNG
Omni break was a part of this test. 28% recoil reduction.

Attachments

• 464EDB18-5D0B-4F0A-898F-658D8349C574.jpeg
    464EDB18-5D0B-4F0A-898F-658D8349C574.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 44

slowelk

WKR
Radial brakes are awful. I was just shooting with someone that had one on a Christensen and the amount of dirt kicked up was more than annoying.

Did you decide on the bergara over the Sako?

I had the Omni break on my wilderness ridge in 300wm. Recoil wasn’t bad, my daughter shot it.

OP
General RE LEE
Radial brakes are awful. I was just shooting with someone that had one on a Christensen and the amount of dirt kicked up was more than annoying.

Did you decide on the bergara over the Sako?

Bergara Wilderness HMR in 6.5 PRC.

Matt5266

WKR
My Bergara HMR Wilderness comes with their Omni Flow radial brake. I am curious if I should immediately replace it with an APA Little Bastard or keep the Omni Flow.

Anyone try the Omni Flow brake and was effective at recoil reduction for spotting shots?
I went with the APA on this exact rifle in 6.5 creed. It's amazing. As others said the omni kicks up dust and does not do as well as others.

I replaced the radial brake on my 2 Browning XBolts with the new Browning Recoil Hawg. There was a felt recoil difference (less) and less muzzle jump. I can shoot my 300 win mag with 220 grain ELDX's all day. Made a difference.

My boys have Bergara Ridges in 7 mm mag set up by Steve West. He replaced both Omni's with a custom similar to the Hawg. No muzzle jump and felt recoil is low. A pleasure to shoot.

The noise and muzzle blast did increase!!!!!!

Both the Browning and Bergara's are on the heavy side so that also makes a difference.

My vote would be to change!

Dualsight

FNG
The Bergara Omni Brake is advertised all over the Internet on what rifles it will fit, but also say what thread size it is; this is redundant as all the rifles advertised have that same thread size. I'm guessing, since only the outside diameter of the Omni Brake changes, the ".30 caliber" in the ads is misleading, since the brake can be used for any caliber up to and including .30 caliber, as long as the rifle barrel matches the thread diameter/pitch of the brake.

Can the Omni Brake be used on any caliber, not just the .30 stated in the advertisement?

The Bergara Omni Brake is advertised all over the Internet on what rifles it will fit, but also say what thread size it is; this is redundant as all the rifles advertised have that same thread size. I'm guessing, since only the outside diameter of the Omni Brake changes, the ".30 caliber" in the ads is misleading, since the brake can be used for any caliber up to and including .30 caliber, as long as the rifle barrel matches the thread diameter/pitch of the brake.

Can the Omni Brake be used on any caliber, not just the .30 stated in the advertisement?
My understanding is as long as it will spin on it’ll work up to that caliber. But the effectiveness goes downhill. So you could use that 30 cal brake up to a 30cal, anything bigger is likely to not fit. But say you use it on a 6.5, it’ll work but not as efficiently.