Bergara vs Remington 700

TN2shot07

WKR
The Bergara is a Remington 700 clone action but they are turning out some quality rifles and really use some high end upgrades on their top tier lines. Seeing what used Remingtons are bringing right now you’re probably better off with the Bergara. It’ll probably also be easier to find one in the configuration you listed. Performance wise I’ve personally had good luck with both.

OP
C
The Bergara is a Remington 700 clone action but they are turning out some quality rifles and really use some high end upgrades on their top tier lines. Seeing what used Remingtons are bringing right now you’re probably better off with the Bergara. It’ll probably also be easier to find one in the configuration you listed. Performance wise I’ve personally had good luck with both.
Thanks. I’ve been on the hunt for a while and having trouble finding a shorter barrel. There is a B-14 for sale on here but I don’t believe they have enough shoulder for a suppressor.

I have a B14 HMR with 24 inch barrel (6.5 Creedmoor) and I use a TBAC Ultra 7 on it no problem. If you can find a Bergara with a shorter barrel in .308 I think you'd be fine. Or buy one with a longer barrel and have it chopped/threaded/re-crowned.

clwg97

FNG
I had a Remington 700 AAC-SD and sold it and got a Bergara ridge. I love the ridge but the Remington also shot well. I have hunted with them both and prefer the stock on the ridge.

OP
C
I have a B14 HMR with 24 inch barrel (6.5 Creedmoor) and I use a TBAC Ultra 7 on it no problem. If you can find a Bergara with a shorter barrel in .308 I think you'd be fine. Or buy one with a longer barrel and have it chopped/threaded/re-crowned.
I just looked up the HMR. That definitely looks like a good candidate for me.

OP
C
I had a Remington 700 AAC-SD and sold it and got a Bergara ridge. I love the ridge but the Remington also shot well. I have hunted with them both and prefer the stock on the ridge.
I looked at the AAC-SD as well. A buddy of mine has one and the stock is definitely not the best so if I found one I’d definitely have to swap it out. I’m hoping to find a used one of those or the Bergara

kkp005

WKR
In current rifles, I’d choose the Bergara without a doubt.
remington QC went down the crapper.
Lots of folks having the bolt handles just come off.
I’ve had both and currently still have a Bergara Ridge SP with the 18” barrel

I've got 2 bergaras that im very happy with. One premier HMR pro in 6.5 creedmoor and one B14 ridge in 300 prc. both excellent for their price point and buying on brand new today I would grab a B14 over a remmy 700 all day.

tuk

FNG
I have never had a Remington that is any good. Shotguns rusted in no time 30-06 total junk. 22 ammo buckets that had 30 + cases with no bullets. But with that being said. They have been sold or whatever it was. so hopefully they ramped up the quality control.

I vote Bergera unless you just want to sink a bunch of money into upgrades on a Remington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harvey_NW

WKR
Classified Approved
Food for thought, in the last 5 years I have bought both Remington 700 SPS and Bergara B-14 hunter in 7mm Rem Mag brand new, set them up the same with Talley rings and Viper HS-T, and worked up loads for both.

Initially the Bergara felt like much better quality all the way around, but the results were opposite. The 700 shot pretty much anything sub MOA. The Bergara was extremely picky and wouldn't shoot anything in front of H1000 MOA (which was my first major concern for the 7rm chambering), and took testing of 3 different bullets and 2 powders to finally get it in the .5MOA range, and even then it would only shoot 3 in the zone and then start pitching them. After the first firing on a 100 lot of brass I realized they have tight chambers and required the Larry Willis collet die to put the brass back into spec (a buddy of mine bought a Ridge at the same time and had the same issue) and that was the end of my relationship with a Bergara..

Harvey_NW

WKR
Classified Approved

OP
C
I was actually just looking at that but from the info I found I couldn’t figure out if I could run a suppressor

wrightjr

FNG
I have an AAC-SD 20" 308. This rifle is, and has always been a solid shooter that was not picky about ammo. I have several Rem 700s from the 70s up to the present and frankly have not experienced the issues that most people cite with any of mine and I shoot mine weekly. Not to discredit any of them or challenge their statements. That being said the two Bergaras I own have been stellar out of the box. The advantage that the Bergaras have in my opinion is the features they have from the factory. They come with a better (pillar bedded, more rigid stock or alum. chassis on some models ) stock design on their rifles. Over sized bolt knobs on some models, external bolt releases etc. Basically things that you would have to change/ pay a smith to replace on a Rem 700. So basically a long winded you get more for your money with the Bergara.