Bergara vs Sako

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
All the S20’s I’ve seen, which is quite a few now, have averaged between .8-1.2 moa for ten round groups. Right between what Tikka CTR’s and light T3/Sako’s average.

Stalker69

WKR
Dude, you come on here, clearly expressing that you know basically nothing about rifles, accuracy, proper mounting, proper technique... and you have an exceptionally experienced guy reply to you with cold honest facts, and you come back they way you do; dude, un-bunch your panties, look at the actual facts. But hey, if your feeling is to hurt, non of us can help you.
Feeling weren’t hurt at all, simply stated what I have “ researched” as I was looking for alternatives. Seeing several not so good reviews stood out to me, plain and simple. The S20 is slightly heavier then I am looking for also. I am not at all new to hunting or shooting firearms, or reloading, have been doing so sense I was a kid. I have how ever gotten more interested in archery hunting for the last 10-20 years or so, and my rifles and handguns have only been used to punch paper. Looking at possibly buying a new “ hunting “ rifle, some thing I don’t already have, and I have no experience with Sako, and no where local to look at one, that I can find. So yes I rely on the web to do some research. And post my finding wondering weather they are true or not, but just like so many of the videos you see trying to “ sell” certain firearms. When you see a few negative ones they stand out. My panties are not in a bunch, and I don’t believe for a minute what he says is cold hard facts, he’s just on the “ pro” Sako side of the fence. And not real certain why he is so concerned about what I buy. And I don’t see him posting any videos or articles he’s written to prove these cold hard facts. Which certainly he has, with sooo much experiance. I may take a chance and buy one just to see what I think, but I have to make my mind up quickly to get the free stock offer. I still have not had him offer any place I could continue my research to prove his “ facts”. Most of the reviews on this particular gun for some reason, they don’t even shoot them. They are “ unboxing videos” I do like the concept, looks and what I believe to be quality built. Just question the accuracy is all, didn’t know that was a sin, to the almighty.

Last edited:

Stalker69

WKR
All the S20’s I’ve seen, which is quite a few now, have averaged between .8-1.2 moa for ten round groups. Right between what Tikka CTR’s and light T3/Sako’s average.
So how many in the 6.5 prc have you shot ? And really, be honest In your experience, what loads and accuracy did you get ? I have a tikka a-1 in creedmoor that shoots 124 hammers great. Was hoping to use the same bullets if possible.
Another question, are the barrels threaded into the receiver?

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Stalker69, post: 2375887, member: ...simply stated what I have “ researched” ...
[/QUOTE]

What you have done is looked at a few videos and gotten a feeling from them. You clearly have no idea what actual research is.[QUOTE="Stalker69, post: 2375887, ...simply stated what I have “ researched” ...
[/QUOTE]

What you have done is looked a a few videos and gotten a feeling. Clearly you have no idea what research actually is, how to go about actual research, nor how to evaluate research.

Guys, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make some think.

TxxAgg

WKR

New one I just watched, can’t seem to find the ones at 300 yards, but still trying.
I've shot at that exact range probably a dozen times. It's a public range with a whole lot of inexperienced shooters. Also, that is the 50 yrd line of targets he's shooting... No way that gun is shooting a shotgun pattern at 50 yds.

LongCut

FNG
Far from an expert.... I just settled on a Premier Approach in 6.5PRC. I love the way it fits, feels, and shoots. My buddy just bought a sako in .375 H&H, and I am not a huge fan of how it fits and/or feels. That's not to say it isn't a great gun, just my personal opinion.

The Premier Approach is not a light gun by any means, but it's really not that bad.

You probably won't go wrong with either, but I would try to handle both in person before you make a decision.

OpsMan

Lil-Rokslider
My 9 year old son shoots tigger groups with his 10/22 than that guy in the video. He obviously has zero clue what he’s doing. I wouldn’t let it weigh your opinion of the Sako S20. My buddy has one. I’ve shot it and it’s superb.

Rod-O

FNG
Just picked up a S20 in 6.5CM last week. Wanted the precision stock, but the order was wrong and I received the hunter stock. Actually liked it, so I kept it. I’m not a competitive shooter, just a hunter. Action is smooth, trigger is exceptional for a factory trigger. Out of the box accuracy has been excellent. Win 127gr ppt were acceptable-ish at 1-1/2” at 130yds. However, Hornady 140gr eld Match yielded 1/2-3/4” 3 shot groups at 130yds. This is with less than 40 rds through the barrel. Attached targets are mine and my 16yo son shooting from a plastic folding table. Can’t wait to build a handload it likes better.

Attachments

• A3F57940-887A-43BE-BCD1-5DF877138894.jpeg
    A3F57940-887A-43BE-BCD1-5DF877138894.jpeg
    301.9 KB · Views: 21
  • E3B1AD79-57B3-498F-AF70-496CD1118846.jpeg
    E3B1AD79-57B3-498F-AF70-496CD1118846.jpeg
    304.2 KB · Views: 21
  • B3418F8A-4A5D-49E9-8C11-C1B51FE2821B.jpeg
    B3418F8A-4A5D-49E9-8C11-C1B51FE2821B.jpeg
    312.5 KB · Views: 20