Bergera Wilderness Ridge or Weatherby Vanguard Wilderness

Daniel Bybee

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a new rifle, settled on 308 Win for the caliber for availability and I just like the 308 for my hunting style. Was able to go down and hold both the bergera wilderness ridge and the Weatherby Vanguard wilderness. Anyone have experience with either of these rifles on the range? I like the feel of both rifles but it seems that it may be awhile before I can find one in stock close to me.

Looking for a new rifle, settled on 308 Win for the caliber for availability and I just like the 308 for my hunting style. Was able to go down and hold both the bergera wilderness ridge and the Weatherby Vanguard wilderness. Anyone have experience with either of these rifles on the range? I like the feel of both rifles but it seems that it may be awhile before I can find one in stock close to me.
I have the Bergara Wilderness Ridge in 28 Nosler with Talley rings and a Trijicon Credo HX 2.5-15x42. Shooting Berger 175 elite hunters from Unknown Munitions it shoots 3/4 MOA. I have nothing but good things to say about this rifle and set up.

Attachments

• E3D5BCAD-3F2A-4CA8-80C5-1553C210343D.jpeg
    E3D5BCAD-3F2A-4CA8-80C5-1553C210343D.jpeg
    383.5 KB · Views: 63
The bergaras shoot well. The factory trigger is great. I haven’t shot the weatherby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2 sons have the Bergaras in 7 mm mag. Tack drivers, great trigger (2 lbs.), shooting 180 grain Berger VLD hunters <0.75 inch at 100 yards. They are a bit heavy but makes them very stable.

Keep On

FNG
The Vanguard is a two stage trigger, takes a little getting used to. That said, the trigger breaks nicely, zero creep and is adjustable. I have a Vanguard First Lite in 6.5-300 Wby, it shoots 1/2 MOA with Weatherby factory ammo. I have been impressed with the Vanguard for it's price point, and will probably end up with a Weatherguard in 6.5 PRC if I can talk myself out of upgrading to a Mark V.
I have handled the Bergara Wilderness Ridge, the action and trigger felt great on it as well. The Bergara and Tikka T3X would be on my short list as well if I were shopping right now.

OP
Daniel Bybee

Daniel Bybee

Lil-Rokslider
I did think about the tikka as well, I appreciate the input. I was curious about the Weatherby trigger, guess I need to find one in stock now haha.

I have owned both Bergaras and Weatherbys. Both are great rifles although my slight preference is towards the Vanguard. The Vanguard Wilderness stock isn't great IMO - it's kind of awkward ergonomically. But really it's hard to go wrong. I like both triggers equally. I wouldn't prefer the heavier contour of the Ridge barrel for hunting with a 308, but I'm sure you've considered that.

ThunderJack49

Lil-Rokslider
I have the wilderness ridge in 300WM and the HMR in 308. I've been nothing but happy with their performance. A few buddies shoot Bergara as well and they all are happy customers. Both are probably great rifles but I personally would lean towards Bergara.