Bering super hogster vs super yoter

satchamo

WKR
So I’m looking to get into the thermal game and I’ve narrowed my search down to these 2.

I hunt IN and IL where we have a mix of wood lots, fence rows, creek beds and rivers. I’ve day hunted for a decade and not sure I’ve ever killed a coyote past 150 - tho I have had a few opportunities.

So I’m wondering if the $1000+ difference in price of the super yoter will be worth it for me? I understand the SY has a higher rez and stronger base zoom. But again, more $$$. At this point I’m thinking of going the SH and putting that $1000 or so I save towards a good scanner like a pulsar axion or similar.

Does anyone out there have real world experience with these two and could help steer a newbie? Is the super yoter going to be worth the added cost for someone new to this that isn’t stretching out too far?

The Hogster and Yoter essentially have the same magnification. 2.9x vs 3.0x. That won’t make a difference.

The Yoter has a bigger FOV and a better picture. The bigger FOV would be nice.

If I didn’t have the budget for a weapon sight and scanner I wouldn’t buy the Yoter over the Hogster.

I personally think a good scanner is more important than the weapon sight. You will be looking through that most of the time.

Since you are hunting tighter areas you might even look at the R25/R35. A bigger FOV might be nice.

OP
satchamo

satchamo

WKR
The Hogster and Yoter essentially have the same magnification. 2.9x vs 3.0x. That won’t make a difference.

The Yoter has a bigger FOV and a better picture. The bigger FOV would be nice.

If I didn’t have the budget for a weapon sight and scanner I wouldn’t buy the Yoter over the Hogster.

I personally think a good scanner is more important than the weapon sight. You will be looking through that most of the time.

Since you are hunting tighter areas you might even look at the R25/R35. A bigger FOV might be nice.

Very helpful - are you more or less giving up magnification going from a SH to the 35 hogster?

as @dirtytough stated a good scanner is more important than a scope. I personally own the super hogster and love it but I have not had the chance to compare it to the super yoter. When you start looking for scanners, I wouldn't recommend the pulsar axions. The ones i have looked through have left a lot to be desired.

Very helpful - are you more or less giving up magnification going from a SH to the 35 hogster?
Yes. I haven’t double checked the specs but I believe you would give up a little magnification for more FOV.

mt100gr.

WKR
as @dirtytough stated a good scanner is more important than a scope. I personally own the super hogster and love it but I have not had the chance to compare it to the super yoter. When you start looking for scanners, I wouldn't recommend the pulsar axions. The ones i have looked through have left a lot to be desired.
Which scanners would you recommend? I only have experience with a couple Pulsar units and was considering an axion to complement a scope. Thanks

brockel

WKR
So I’m looking to get into the thermal game and I’ve narrowed my search down to these 2.

I hunt IN and IL where we have a mix of wood lots, fence rows, creek beds and rivers. I’ve day hunted for a decade and not sure I’ve ever killed a coyote past 150 - tho I have had a few opportunities.

So I’m wondering if the $1000+ difference in price of the super yoter will be worth it for me? I understand the SY has a higher rez and stronger base zoom. But again, more $$$. At this point I’m thinking of going the SH and putting that $1000 or so I save towards a good scanner like a pulsar axion or similar.

Does anyone out there have real world experience with these two and could help steer a newbie? Is the super yoter going to be worth the added cost for someone new to this that isn’t stretching out too far?

This is a photo taken off a video from my super hogster. Image is way cleaner through the scope. This coyote is 140 yards

I’d save the money and go with the super hogster and use the rest on a scanner
5CA2B6F8-5414-4921-8E3B-55FB9E2FAAD9.jpeg

Which scanners would you recommend? I only have experience with a couple Pulsar units and was considering an axion to complement a scope. Thanks
pulsar helion's
AGM ASP TM35-384or640 (have heard good reviews on the AGM taipans but i have no personal experience)
AGM Fuzion LRF 35-384or640 (LRF isn't the best compared to a standard daytime LRF)
Bering phenom (stay way from the bering prodigy)

the axions I have looked through looked like your looking through the microwave door and perform even worse in high humidity

OP
satchamo

satchamo

WKR
Well, I wound up going with the Bering vibe 35 (replaces hogster 35) and an agm taipan 19. I realized I never shoot coyotes past 200 and I talked to Blake at predator hunter outdoors and he cut me a good deal on the combo plus a slik 700 tripod. Only wishing I’d bought this stuff months ago rather than right towards the end of my season.

Well, I wound up going with the Bering vibe 35 (replaces hogster 35) and an agm taipan 19. I realized I never shoot coyotes past 200 and I talked to Blake at predator hunter outdoors and he cut me a good deal on the combo plus a slik 700 tripod. Only wishing I’d bought this stuff months ago rather than right towards the end of my season.
Congrats on your new hardware. I would really like to hear your review after you have had some time with your new stuff. I am pretty sure your new Vibe will have video so share when you can. What gun platform did you put the scope on?

OP
satchamo

satchamo

WKR
Congrats on your new hardware. I would really like to hear your review after you have had some time with your new stuff. I am pretty sure your new Vibe will have video so share when you can. What gun platform did you put the scope on?

Well… I actually had buyers remorse and decided I wanted the extra magnification and sent back the vibe for the super hogster A3….

Unoboats

WKR
Classified Approved
Good call. I have the SH and a AGM Taipan 19. The 12 micron processor in the Super Hogster makes all the difference in the world

22moran22

FNG
Well… I actually had buyers remorse and decided I wanted the extra magnification and sent back the vibe for the super hogster A3….

Thinking about the Super Hogster myself. Would like to hear a report on it from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk