Best 10x42 other than NL Pure

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
What is the best 10x42 bino you can buy other than the new NL Pure? I have SLC 10x42s and I really like them. But I don’t have lots of time behind much other alpha glass. Just looking for peoples opinions that have experience with lots of different high end 10x42s.

EasilyExcited

Lil-Rokslider
I went from vortex to maven b1 to nl pures in 12s and never saw as many deer as I did the first day with the pures... The fov is almost overwhelming to the eyes but get used to it fast haha

Agent82

FNG
What is the best 10x42 bino you can buy other than the new NL Pure? I have SLC 10x42s and I really like them. But I don’t have lots of time behind much other alpha glass. Just looking for peoples opinions that have experience with lots of different high end 10x42s.
Best is always relative, but I'm just curious. Have you looked through the NL Pure? If so, was there something you didn't care for?

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
No I haven’t looked through them. I’m sure I would like them if I did. Just want to know what’s likely next in line, as the FOV on the NL seems to have pushed them to the top. To my knowledge the biggest advantage to the NL over the EL is the FOV, but they have very similar glass. So I’d like to know which is the best 10x42 other than the NL.

Agent82

FNG
No I haven’t looked through them. I’m sure I would like them if I did. Just want to know what’s likely next in line, as the FOV on the NL seems to have pushed them to the top. To my knowledge the biggest advantage to the NL over the EL is the FOV, but they have very similar glass. So I’d like to know which is the best 10x42 other than the NL.Th

MattB355

Lil-Rokslider
Swaro EL, Zeiss SF or Leica Noctivid. Your choice but the Swaro will be the best value now that the prices have been lowered. I prefer the EL's out of those choices. I have looked through the NL's side by side with the EL's and could not optically tell a difference besides FOV.

WRO

WKR
I've been a long time Swarovski user so take my bias implied, but imho the noctovids have a slight yellow color tint, zeiss slight blue, and Swarovski is pretty neutral.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
I think the EL's or the Zeiss SF are very close. The SF's have a wide field of view, though not as wide as the NL. Keep in mind that there are always sacrifices with optics, like glare, rolling ball, distortion, etc. If you compare the EL's to the NL's I think you might be surprised at how little apparent difference there is in the FOV.

GNUOY

FNG
This is a very good question. I am in the market for a 10x42 EL's right now. I guess the biggest difference to me it the FOV and price. Really it's what you are comfortable with out there in the field. I use to use a Vortex range finder on my first few hunts because I couldn't afford the upgrade at the time.

HuntWyld

WKR
Keep the SLC’s, it’s going to be hard to beat them. Ide choose the SLC over the EL hands down due to feeling like the image is plastered on a globe and spinning through your field of view while panning with the EL. I would have to take Dramamine every time I sat down to glass. Grass ain’t always greener I found...

warrant

WKR

Let me know if you are interested in selling the ELs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Noctovids and ELs are the slightest step down optically. The Leicas are a bit more svelt in the hand but other than that I can’t tell any difference testing the two a couple years ago.

The Zeiss Victory SF is very good, it has a very nice and bright view, well balanced and I would
recommend it. I also have the EL SV 8.5x42, it is good also, but in 10X the SF should be on your
list.
I saw a gent wanting to trade his NL for a SF, not sure why, but not everyone is gushing over the NL.
From some users reports, the NL is fiddly on trying to get a comfortable view,
as in you have to have everything perfect, the IPD and more.