Best 225 grain Broadheads

Shammy

FNG
I have the trad bow somewhat dialed in. Next step is I need to find fixed blade broadheads that are 225 grains that won’t break the dam bank. I would like it to be a head I can sharpen and re-use. I’ve done some looking around and this is a tough find. Any recommendations out there?

oldgoat

WKR
225gr is going to be a tough find without going the glue on type with a threaded adapter, then there's a world of options. Another option I recently found are threaded weight adapters that screw into the arrow and you screw your broadhead into it. 3rivers has them down to 25gr I think, so you could use a 200gr head and a weight adapter, they do lengthen total arrow broadhead length a little bit though. I have some 50gr ones coming myself, I need some 300gr broadheads but don't want to commit to buying any yet when I have a plethora of 250gr heads laying around to play with

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
200gr tough head or meathead from RMS with a glue in adapter will get you within 10gr

Pretty oddball weight. You could also go with a weighted insert and a lighter broadhead. It would open up a lot more options.

Those tough heads are tough to beat though.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I have some 225gr glue on Tuff Heads. Killer heads.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wensel woodsman 125 grain head and 100 grain steel adapter been shooting this setup for years.

ledflight

WKR
I was tuned for 225 for my first couple years and got my first buck with a 225grain Van Dieman single bevel. They are from Australia I believe and were hard to find but might be available now.
The other 225grain head I had was Steelforce, also single bevel. They seem to be out of stock.
The Vandieman is cut from a single piece while the Steelforce isn't. Both came shaving sharp.
This year I have a new shafts but can still shoot 225 upfront on some. However on most arrows I used a 50grain heavier insert and use 175grain heads - VPA 3 blades. A lot easier to find 175 grain heads.
If you can add insert weight to get to tuning at 200 or 175 you'll have more options.
Pictured are the Van Dieman on the left and the Steelforce on the right. Different profiles as you can see.
225heads.jpg

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
If anyone wants or needs some left bevel 225 Tuffheads I'll sell these. Just sitting in my archery box not getting used.
51ffb5b44655e5d59c1b8f07c3164eb6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

An old wise man told me to build my bows and arrows around my broad heads. I have several bows ranging from 43lb selfbow to 64lb longbow with multiple bows in between. I shoot one broad head with all the bows. I just change arrow setups for what I want to hunt with. B

In your quest for 225s you’ll ha e to do some google research. Not sure on the old school 225s as the new breed has come into light. Might try

Snuffers
Wensell
Grizzly
Tusker
Kinetics
Abowyer
Ribtec
Stos
Ace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrench

WKR
Most people can't shoot 25grs of spine differences if they're truly bang on. If so a few twists of brace, strike plate thickness, a heavier nock, a weight screwed into the back of the adapter or a long but lighter broadhead are all ways to get around the same issue.

OP
Shammy

Shammy

FNG
Thanks for everyone’s info in this thread. Very helpful info provided. Thanks!