Best 6.5 hunting bullet

I have settled on the 140 accubond but I dont feel its "the best". I like a bullet that "fails" for deer and predators. Complete fragmentation makes for those "lightning bolt" kills. I like the accubond for moose n elk in my 6.5-300. It makes for boring kills though. Shoot the animal, it runs 40-50 yards and falls dead. The white tips are cool though!

Motown

WKR
I have been using the Berger 135gr Classic Hunter the past few seasons with great results.

Slugz

WKR
I have settled on the 140 accubond but I dont feel its "the best". I like a bullet that "fails" for deer and predators. Complete fragmentation makes for those "lightning bolt" kills. I like the accubond for moose n elk in my 6.5-300. It makes for boring kills though. Shoot the animal, it runs 40-50 yards and falls dead. The white tips are cool though!
Try a Nosler Ballistic Tip

JakeSCH

WKR
There are a lot of good bullets, but I tend to lean toward copper. So my top choices would be the 124 Hunter Hammers or 127 LRX.

LightFoot

WKR
I've used the 143 ELD-X on whitetail and axis deer. Gonna use it for Caribou in August.. Gonna use it for mule deer in November.

Shoot it with confidence. Just stick it in both lungs and all will be fine.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

FLS

WKR
130 Sierra Game Changer. I shot game from 80 to 675 yards with them last season. A good balance of penetration and expansion. I used 140 Berger Hybrids prior to that.

jhm2023

WKR
127gr Barnes LRXs have served me quite well on plenty of critters. That said, the 124gr Hammer Hunters have been the most accurate and most consistent bullets I have ever loaded and the terminal performance is incredible. Hammers are probably the only hunting bullet I will ever buy anymore.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

127gr Barnes LRXs have served me quite well on plenty of critters. That said, the 124gr Hammer Hunters have been the most accurate and most consistent bullets I have ever loaded and the terminal performance is incredible. Hammers are probably the only hunting bullet I will ever buy anymore.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I have a box of them I've been meaning to load up what powder are you using. Assuming 6.5 cm

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Nosler 140 Partition. It's probably one of the best 6.5 hunting bullets ever made.

-- Scott

I use the 140 PT in 260, CM, 26 NOS. It’s not sexy enough but I find it more dependable through a range of speeds, so that’s all I use. I haven’t tried the 125 yet, but I have a bunch of them to try out sometime. I got a truck load of seconds before the world went crazy luckily!

140 Berger’s have worked very well in my 6.5SAUM. Lots of bullets will get the job done especially when placed in the right spot.