Best 6.5 mm for hunting?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I can promise that you are very far from hurting my feelings. You are going to have to try a lot harder.

Fanboys are way too predictable.

stop lying. The butt hurt is strong in you. You proved it by name calling because somebody likes a certain caliber of weapon. You seem insecure and probably have too much free time on your hands. I mean just imagine having a special nickname for people who like a certain caliber of weapon. Get a life.

OP
slickyboyboo

slickyboyboo

Lil-Rokslider
stop lying. The butt hurt is strong in you. You proved it by name calling because somebody likes a certain caliber of weapon. You seem insecure and probably have too much free time on your hands. I mean just imagine having a special nickname for people who like a certain caliber of weapon. Get a life.

The only person I see with their panties in a wad is you. So there goes your theory out the window.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The only person I see with their panties in a wad is you. So there goes your theory out the window.

lol wrong. You are the one calling names. I mean honestly just imagine the type of loser who just sits at their keyboard waiting to call somebody a “fanboy”....what does that even mean??? Somebody who is a fan of something. Jesus man get a life lol.

OP
slickyboyboo

slickyboyboo

Lil-Rokslider
lol wrong. You are the one calling names. I mean honestly just imagine the type of loser who just sits at their keyboard waiting to call somebody a “fanboy”....what does that even mean??? Somebody who is a fan of something. Jesus man get a life lol.

Again, you are the only one with your panties in a wad. You should re-evaluate.

OP
slickyboyboo

slickyboyboo

Lil-Rokslider
6.5x47 shooting 135 Berger Classic or 140 VLD.

10-4, ive settled on the 6.5x47L. It’s pretty much been #1 on the list since I started the build, but just figured I’d reassure.

OP
slickyboyboo

slickyboyboo

Lil-Rokslider
Should be a fun build when done, and a dream to tote around!

1c24f62889576ded22cec0f2e786ae1e.jpg

3424b449db29b2d557869e2fa463cab8.jpg

Tentman

FNG
I've had several 6.5's over nearly 40 years, I imported (to New Zealand) a Heym SR20 in 6.5x55 waaay back in 1982. It never shot that well so got moved on. Many, many rifles later I have a rebuilt (as close to "as built" as possible, using all the original barrel fittings etc) Mauser Oberndorf Model B "kurz action" sporting rifle. It is in 6.5x47 as its factory chambering was 250-3000 (this barrel was completely toast) and I already had one of those. The originals were chambered in 6.5x54 Mauser (not the same as 6.5x54 MS) but that was a fairly unsatisfactory combination as the x54 was really to long for the short action. With a 1920's action I was a bit worried about a future owner using hot modern factory loads , so decided not to go with 6.5 Crudmore (6.5x47 factory is not available here).

It shoots 125 gn partitions very well at a fairly pedestrian 2700 fps, but has accounted for many Tahr in our mountains here, and at 7 lbs scoped and loaded, its a delight to carry

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord