Best Air Rifle for Prairie Dogs

Wolf_trapper

Lil-Rokslider
I've got an Air Venturi Avenger. Look into one. It's a budget friendly PCP. Actually I have two of them, 22 and 25. One inch at 50 yards all day long. Externally adjustable regulator and hammer spring let you tune to the power you want/need. I fill with a hand pump no problem.

The 22 cal is my pest blaster.

BP5yaDO.jpg
I have 2 of these rifles and they are super competent. I shot a red fox at 75yds through the lungs and had a full pass through with the 25 cal. I eradicated the ground squirrel problem I had at my place with it as well.

TheGDog

WKR
Sounds like you need to get some CCI Quiet-22 .22LR 710fps. They can do 50yds no problem. Don't need ears on. Did a lot of those with my son when first teaching him.

Sounds like you need to get some CCI Quiet-22 .22LR 710fps. They can do 50yds no problem. Don't need ears on. Did a lot of those with my son when first teaching him.
Dragging up an old thread here, apologies. I have a t1x and bought cci 22 short cb by accident. Can I use these in the T1x? Only looking to get out 50 yards on a small acreage

TheGDog

WKR
Dragging up an old thread here, apologies. I have a t1x and bought cci 22 short cb by accident. Can I use these in the T1x? Only looking to get out 50 yards on a small acreage
I assume t1x is a bolt action? Usually if its 22lr, it can fire the smaller ones as well. But dblchk manufacters documentation.

jfvhpilot

FNG
Airguns are fun, very accurate, and cheap to shoot but the pre-charged pneumatics can get expensive quickly. If you think you would enjoy a higher end airgun, then get one. If you only want to shoot pests, then a suppressor on a .22lr would be the best route.