Best Air Service?

AKBorn

WKR
I don't fly into the Brooks, so will leave the recommendations to others. Just a general comment, it's getting late to book an August 2020 hunt, you may find that the best transporters are booked for next fall. Good luck.

RShulky

FNG
We were trying to use Bushwacker for 2020 and asked him to email us a contract before we sent the deposit and got no response. When we tried calling him to see what was going on we got a voicemail saying that he wouldnt be back in town until may 2020. Not sure if that's normal for his business but we didnt want to wrisk not getting a spot and ended up going with Brooks Range aviation instead.

Guys:; The question is way to broad, The best is quite suggestive so proceed with caution.

I have been outfitting in the Brooks Range for 18 years and we cover from ANWAR, to Bettles all the way over to Kotzebue and we have used a number of services over the years. What I look for in a flight service is as follows;

-Is the guy safe?
-s the guy honest?
-Will he get my clients in an area that has actively migrating animals
- What is his price structure....Hidden fees or straight ford pricing.
-If the service is not booked 80% or better by January you should be concerned, there is a reason.

Many of the guys I work with only work with returning clients or with clients that I recommend. The flight service business is shrinking with fewer pilots every year. There are some start ups and they may do a great job down the road. I will not send guys out with a service that I don't have experience with...If my clients get treated badly it reflects on my reputation..

Find a good pilot and stick with them!

Walt

Last edited by a moderator:

spin05

FNG
We were trying to use Bushwacker for 2020 and asked him to email us a contract before we sent the deposit and got no response. When we tried calling him to see what was going on we got a voicemail saying that he wouldnt be back in town until may 2020. Not sure if that's normal for his business but we didnt want to wrisk not getting a spot and ended up going with Brooks Range aviation instead.
hhhmmm wierd yea i had great communication with him. I know he has a real job in the off season. Hes a electrician. But not sure why he wouldnt call ya back. I do know by dec or jan he will be already booked. Maybe that is why, I can not remember when he sent our contract