Best airline case for bow

OutdoorsMD

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for input into what bow case is the best for airline travel. Not concerned with cost. Ability to take pack two bows would be preferred. Currently shooting a V3 and Triax as my backup.

Best I have used:

It's a big B*tch tho. Has room for two bows and extras. Or one bow an a whole lot of extras.

I’ll second skb double although mines not that model it will hold two bows nicely or one and a lot of gear around the bow as filler. My case has been on twenty flights at least and has survived the baggage guys abuse.

Vandy321

WKR
I really like the SKB Pro Series 4214 for my mathews, it's a tank, I like it far better than my pelicans for firearms. Plenty of space designed for arrows/broadheads and the big spot on the right side is great for tools, sight, quiver and tons of other junk.

The double is sweet too, but I could only afford one and this single isn't too big to throw in the truck and haul to the range.

Marble

WKR
Skb...I have never traveled on the airline with it, but have traveled across western US and dozens of trips. Everything works perfect and is protected. The handles, wheels and locks are all tough and east to use.

They run $300+ I think?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the SKB double bow case. Have flown with a Vertix and a Triax and again with a Vertix and a Traverse. You’ll fit both bows and a good chunk of your gear in there too. Flying with 1 bow is simple, it fits the bow and all gear in it. I take the backpack with optics in it and camp shoes as carryon. Take the boots off and put the camp shoes on when I’m on the plane. Have done at least 8 international flights this way with zero problems.

WakePraySlay

Lil-Rokslider
I also have a SKB double bow case. I love it!
EXCEPT, my bows all the montana black gold ascent verdicts with dovetails. The “dial of death” on both bows wouldn’t work with the separating foam. I bought new foam and cut accordingly to push the dials through so the bows would sit flat and I’d be able to close the case without too much pressure on the sights.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I have been using SKB for a couple decades without failure. They stand behind the product with good service as well. I have looked at the pelican cases lately as I have both SKB and Pelican rifle cases and like both. If Pelicans bow cases are as nice as the rifle then they would work for you as well.

I have SKB and Pelican cases (SKB for bow, Pelican for rifle). The Pelican seems to be made a bit better, but that may just be marketing bias in my head. Also the Pelican has not seen the same abuse as my SKB. Despite the rashes, my SKB is perfectly good and seals well. I'd vote SKB for cost.

TX_Diver

WKR
For 2 bows you're probably looking at SKB or Pelican as mentioned above.

I ended up with a Legend Everest and it works great for a single bow. Worth considering as an option if you're not dead set on fitting 2 bows. Little lighter/more versatile.

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
I've started to use this Eberlestock Hercules bag to travel. Protects the bow well. Especially when you have cloths etc in the bag also. It's 2 things in 1. Large duffel and Cloths bag.

sjcavy

FNG
Best I have used:

It's a big B*tch tho. Has room for two bows and extras. Or one bow an a whole lot of extras.
I have this one. TOTALLY worth it.