Best all around camp shoes

Wireman07

Lil-Rokslider
Im looking for a good all around camp shoe, from early season to late season. Whats everyone wear? Thanks!

Mike 338

WKR
No "camp shoes" cause it's "out'a the boots and straight to bed". I do bring a pair of slippers for middle-of-the-night strolls. Slippers work better than you'd think and you probably already have a pair. Mine have a cheap faux plastic sole that work fine even in the snow, provided the snow is packed down where I need to walk.

If I did wear camp shoes though, I'd favor something like what Pee Wee Herman wore when he danced to the song, Tequila.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Neoprene scuba fin socks! Mine weigh in at 3oz for the pair, go over socks, waterproof for walking around camp, just thick enough to keep pointy things from getting through and double as great stalking shoes.

Nick6275

FNG
I use water socks, light weight, thick sole, plus they come in handy during creek crossings.

WTFJohn

WKR
I bought a pair of Exped Camp Slippers. They weigh less then 6 ounces and have a little bit or insulation. Amazon has them for $39 a pair.

I will second the Exped slippers; I have had a pair since 2016 and they have pretty much earned a permanent spot in my pack on longer scouting trips or hunts.

mcseal2

WKR
Dry warm weather I like the Dawgs Hound shoe. I think that's what they are called anyway. I learned about them here, they are kinda like a lighter blue and white croc.

Wet weather the Tingley ultralight rubber boots are good. Those were my camp/ anytime not wearing a wader shoe in AK last fall. I wished I'd have had a pair the year before in Wyoming when 15" of snow fell the first night.

I won't always take anything past my boots if I'm carrying everything on my back, but will always have at least one of those options at a truck camp. If I'm driving from camp before starting a hunt I like to put my boots on right before I start walking so I'm not in sweating in my boot/sock in the warm truck.

I like to get either a size big. Easier to slip on and off.

Either the Hounds or better yet, the UL, made in the USA, knock-off, crocs that Wally World sells. Both are about 8 oz. for size 10, and both cost about $10. The crocs are a little easier to slip on and off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played with some options. Seem to go back to crocs. Regular kind, not the off-road or insulated. They can be had on sale for $30 if you buy them right.

Brought mine on a 5 day Grand Canyon hike with one guy that brought some lightweight flip flops and one guy that went without. Lots of jealous glances and croc envy going around by day 2.

They are bulky and not the lightest, but they have made the cut on the last few trips. If I could find a stalking slipper that pulled double duty as a camp shoe, I would be all over that.

SB1

FNG
I like the exped camp slippers too. Someone gave me those western mountaineering down booties for cold weather and they are super comfy, but they are a bit much - too bulky and not practical