Best all around camp shoes

Shraggs

WKR
Picked a pair of coushins (spelling) at cabelas clearance rack. Tread bottom and thin canvas on top, very light.

Or I use my hodgeman neoprene 2mm wader socks. Durable for most ground and warm.

Vandy321

WKR
I will second the Exped slippers; I have had a pair since 2016 and they have pretty much earned a permanent spot in my pack on longer scouting trips or hunts.

View attachment 98980
I bought these a few trips ago based on ya'lls recommendation. Couldnt agree more on how great they are.

Hang the socks up to dry and feet still stay warm around camp. Have never used a camp shoe before, always just took boots off and went to bed.

Crocs in Oct/November sound cold...even colder with socks hung in the tent to dry.

jhm2023

WKR
Crocs for me. The first 10 miles of my sheep hunt every year is all in the river so I just go crocs and underwear. 4 sheep hunts and who knows how many other hunts later, the little plastic piece that holds the heel strap broke. I called crocs in attempt to buy a new plastic piece and they sent me a new pair for free. Also found out that guides with clients aren't too happy when you stroll past them in your underwear while they are eating lunch and glassing. Gotta out walk the competition even if it's in a pair of crocs.

Crocs for me. The first 10 miles of my sheep hunt every year is all in the river so I just go crocs and underwear. 4 sheep hunts and who knows how many other hunts later, the little plastic piece that holds the heel strap broke. I called crocs in attempt to buy a new plastic piece and they sent me a new pair for free. Also found out that guides with clients aren't too happy when you stroll past them in your underwear while they are eating lunch and glassing. Gotta out walk the competition even if it's in a pair of crocs.

Just Crocs and underwear for the first 10 miles up a drainage? Well, I got nothing on that. Hell, I don’t think that I could walk 10 miles down the street in a pair of Crocs....but maybe if I was just wearing underwear. Guess there’s only one way to find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jhm2023

WKR
Just Crocs and underwear for the first 10 miles up a drainage? Well, I got nothing on that. Hell, I don’t think that I could walk 10 miles down the street in a pair of Crocs....but maybe if I was just wearing underwear. Guess there’s only one way to find out.

The Army didn't do my knees any favors so I like hoping gravel bar to gravel bar over side hilling through the alders when I can. Constantly getting my knees in the cold water really helps, and the occasional stop to pull out the fly rod and drink water is nice too.

GCC79

FNG
I usually bring a pair of Reef flip flops to wear around camp at night. They are light and the pack together pretty flat.

Anozira

WKR
Neoprene scuba fin socks! Mine weigh in at 3oz for the pair, go over socks, waterproof for walking around camp, just thick enough to keep pointy things from getting through and double as great stalking shoes.

Do you happen to know which ones you have or have a link handy? There are several on Amazon and the reviews range all over the board.

Think mine are edge, not sure they make them anymore, but any Cressi, Mares, or aqualung would work. Main thing is make sure socks, not booties, boots will be heavier. Can get short ones to save maybe an ounce, and figure out what thickness you need. 3mm would be good for all around, but if in a less rugged environment, might could go with thinner and even lighter.

lawbu

FNG
I'm going to have to look into those Exped Camp Slippers. How is the sizing on those?

Vandy321

WKR
I'm going to have to look into those Exped Camp Slippers. How is the sizing on those?

The Large is for size 10-11...I'd say that's accurate. I wear a 10 and these fit comfy and a little loose, perfect for around camp, room for a pair of wool socks inside as well. Got them off amazon for $30 or so and free returns.

These. They cost about $10, weigh about 8 oz. and have a back, so they stay on your feet when doing river crossings.
3f02fa4d3665233020d033adf716769a.jpg

Rob5589

WKR
Walmart knock off Crocs. Cheap, waterproof, feel amazing after a long day in boots.