BEST ALL AROUND CLOTHING

Looking for a good "do it all" jacket and pant combo. I mostly whitetail hunt in the midwest, but i make it out west a couple times a year for a big game hunt or two. I'm looking for a happy medium that will serve purposes for both. Id love to buy a set of clothing for every hunting application ill ever encounter, but I'm not made of money. I'm thinking that the Sitka jetstream jacket paired with the Sitka timberline pants, or the Sitka mountain pants will get me through a very wide range of temperatures. They are more of a mid season set, but I would use base layers accordingly while hunting from a tree in late season. Wondering if you all have any input, thoughts, or feedback?

I would recommend exactly what you mentioned: Sitka Jestream jacket and Timberline pants. With proper layering of course.

Honestly there has been several discussions on this here, also do a little research on the forums.

hutty

Lil-Rokslider
Hunt a week in Wyoming for mule deer and antelope and then 20-30 days in Maryland. Myself and a few of my buddies have been extremely happy with Pnuma clothing. I like their waypoint system which is a little more quiet than their selkirk. It comes with a lifetime warranty and has been fantastic out west, in the tree stand and in the field.

Sounds like you're leaning towards Sitka, but here is my experience with using mostly First Lite gear this year, i had a pretty similar range of environments that you describe. I hunted 1st rifle elk in Colorado (mid-October) and whitetails back east (mid Nov - mid Dec). Conditions ranged from low single digits to mid thirties, snow, rain, wind, etc. and i was plenty warm all season.

For Jacket / Pants I used the First Lite Catalyst jacket with the Corrugate guide pants - i would have used the catalyst pants too but they don't offer them in a Tall size like they do in the Corrugates.

My layer system included:
Top: FL uncompaghre puffy vest, FL klamath fleece, and FL Kiln 250 merino top;
Bottom: FL kiln 250 merino bottoms, later swapped out for FL Furnace 350 merino bottoms, Sitka Kelvin puffy pants (under the corrugates).

Natural Gear Stealth Hunter rain jacket and pants.
Holds up way better then Sitka at a fraction of the price.
I’ve worn mine from TX to AK over the last 3 seasons hunting Whitetail, Mt Lion & Bear. Quiet, durable and reasonably light weight. No seam or zipper failures through over 9 months wear while hound hunting.

After my experience with zipper and seam failure on near new Sitka products and their customer service walked away from it, I would never buy Sitka products again.

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
The biggest thing to cover the temperature ranges is your layering like many people have stated. That said I have several Sitka pieces that I wear pretty much every time I go out from sept 1 through Jan 31. They are grinder/mountain pants pending activity and the Dakota vest. The shirt is either a first lite llano or traverse zip t. Under the pants is a base layer and/or heavyweight layer. That system covers most every situation from the duck blind and tree stand, merino bottom is next on my list. I am not brand loyal and I refuse to pay full price for anything. I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. Brands I own and like are first lite, Sitka, Skre, and drake along with an under Armour jacket that I cannot find a reason to replace it for $250+ at this point. If you have any questions pm me and I can give my two cents for what it’s worth.