Best Archery Range Finder - Leupold Full Draw 4 RX or Leica CRF

HI All,

I've been hunting with an old range finder and had it fail on too many important conditions.

I'm looking at the cost-benefit between the:
  1. Leupold Full Draw 4 RX or
  2. Leica CRF series.
I hunt 100% archery. Rifle is not in the cue this year. That said, wondering what people think about the two here?

CorbLand

WKR
Plenty of information regarding rangefinders in the optics and archery subforums.

Scorpion

WKR
I’ve used the Leupold at TAC Colorado and played with the Leica CRF on a Coues hunt in Mexico. Hands down I would choose the Leupold for archery only. I personally have a Sig Kilo 2200 right now which I love, though I do plan to upgrade to the Leupold for a dedicated archery rangefinder.

OP
ArrowFlight
I’ve used the Leupold at TAC Colorado and played with the Leica CRF on a Coues hunt in Mexico. Hands down I would choose the Leupold for archery only. I personally have a Sig Kilo 2200 right now which I love, though I do plan to upgrade to the Leupold for a dedicated archery rangefinder.

That’s a sweet call. Like to hear that as well.

I’m gearing up to shoot TAC next year. The Leupold sounds like a go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
I’ve said it on here before, rangefinders have a way of going bad pretty quickly. Leupold has a 2 year warranty and will absolutely not warranty it after those 2 years is up, even if it’s a manufacturer defect. This has caused me to look elsewhere for rangefinders. Not to mention the fact that unless you are hunting in the cliffs, most people don’t need accurate angles past 30 degrees which is where the angle compensation of the full draw comes in handy.

I have one of the full draw models and it’s given me zero issues, it’s been accurate out to 700 with my gun too. I’ve dropped it out of my tree a couple times, left it out overnight in the rain and it’s taken a beating from my 2&4 year olds and keeps on going

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have a CRF 900 which has excellent glass and an outstanding readout that's crystal clear. It's a really nice RF, which is probably why I always take my Sig Kilo 2000.......I don't mind if it gets beat up. I keep hearing that most of these RF's don't calculate right on steep angles, but I tested my Sig this year while sheep hunting, and I ranged to the bottom of almost vertical drops and it always gave me very plausible readings......like a ballistic reading of 7 yards when it was close to 100 yards to the bottom.

OP
ArrowFlight
I have one of the full draw models and it’s given me zero issues, it’s been accurate out to 700 with my gun too. I’ve dropped it out of my tree a couple times, left it out overnight in the rain and it’s taken a beating from my 2&4 year olds and keeps on going

Nice, that’s super good info. Sounds like the way I run my gear too. I have a 2 and 4 yr old and they get into everything. Super good to know. If your going to run the gear, you should use the heck out of it. Great info, thank you.

OP
ArrowFlight
I have a CRF 900 which has excellent glass and an outstanding readout that's crystal clear. It's a really nice RF, which is probably why I always take my Sig Kilo 2000.......I don't mind if it gets beat up. I keep hearing that most of these RF's don't calculate right on steep angles, but I tested my Sig this year while sheep hunting, and I ranged to the bottom of almost vertical drops and it always gave me very plausible readings......like a ballistic reading of 7 yards when it was close to 100 yards to the bottom.

That’s awesome information. I have not had a range finder with this type of power. It will be nice to level up and have something that can perform in variable formats. Been hunting deep canyons and steep drops for pigs. Need the accuracy.

87TT

WKR
If it doesn't have a red display, I wouldn't buy it. I have a Sig 1600 and love it and I am hard on everything.