Best Archery Shop In MN

Bulldawg

WKR
Do any of you guys have some experience with a quality archery shop around the north side of the cities?

bsnedeker

WKR
When I lived there I had the best luck with the guys at Bwana. The Archery Joe's guys were hit or miss in regards to tuning in my experience.

H80Hunter

WKR
I don’t have anything much to add but I lived there for 5 years. Bwana and Schaefer are the top 2 in that area I think. Also Average Joes up in Coon Rapids has a decent indoor range.

OctoberGold

Lil-Rokslider
Bwana would be my first choice if I needed my bow worked on. Most bows I have seen come out of Schaffer were very poorly set up. Archery Country is too hit or miss to trust. I've heard that there is a good tech at Scheels in St. Cloud, but I can't recall his name. Donnie at Oak Ridge Archery in Kasota really knows his stuff and is worth the drive. All that being said, I do my own bow work and would be happy to help if I can.

OctoberGold

Lil-Rokslider
You do you. They don't touch my equipment. I do have higher expectations than most though.

Last edited:
OG

Please appreciate that your claims + my use of the emoji will be found and viewed by a lot of people in the future. You said what you said.

Edit for OP: Lots of top-notch shops around... Most owners have a respect for each other where they'd likely offer a recommendation based on your criteria/location. Because Schaffer and Cabin Fever might be too far to travel, both shops have longstanding experts that would point you in the right direction. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
I bought my own stuff to work on bows when I lived moved to the cities. There isnt a lot of options so the ones in business treat it like its a monopoly. No trading, carry few brands, act like their way is the gospel. Which is some preoperatory stuff

MNman

FNG
Cabin fever - see garrett
Archery Country - see wade
A1- Hudson.. worth the drive

good luck

Brandon or Nate at Archery Country have always done well for me at the St Cloud store. Theres a couple other guys in there that I wouldn't let tie my shoes, let alone touch my bow
Bwana would be my first choice if I needed my bow worked on. Most bows I have seen come out of Schaffer were very poorly set up. Archery Country is too hit or miss to trust. I've heard that there is a good tech at Scheels in St. Cloud, but I can't recall his name. Donnie at Oak Ridge Archery in Kasota really knows his stuff and is worth the drive. All that being said, I do my own bow work and would be happy to help if I can.